8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install Cruise in my 07 DX. Now I've seen the XK601 ? I think its called, but I'm sure there is another way. It just seems klunky.

I've seen the thread on installing Audio controls in the steering wheel, and they come with the cruise control switches! But I don't really want to tear apart my steering wheel to find out that my DX has a different wiring harness.

Now even if it does have a different harness, where would the cruise wires go to? Is it to the (Computer?) And if so would my DX even have the programming for cruise? I somehow imagine that you could even go so far as replacing the wiring harness and computer from an EX/LX, but what else would be required?

I know someone here has the knowledge, and I would appreciate any info on how to proceed.
Thankyou

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Im guessing because of the drive-by-wire, it would go through a computer. I highly doubt its the same wiring harness. Would of been alot easier to just buy a LX...

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
This has been talked about a lot. But, I'm not sure this has been tried yet. If you have some free time, check out the parts list at www.hondapartsdeals.com and compare part numbers for the harnesses on the different models. I'm sure it would work, but if you're the first to do it, it'll just take some time and some trial/error.
Good luck.

Edit: Here are a couple links that might help.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32726

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18873&page=3

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you haven't put much work into your DX, you may want to off load it and purchase an LX model. Unfortunately, DX models are really stripped down. You can do alot of aftermarket things to them, but for cruise control, just get an LX.

You may also want to check with your insurance company and state law to see if you can have it retrofitted into this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding...
I took a look at hondapartsdeals... Looks like the harness and control module would need to be replaced, with a cost of ~$600 almost the same as the
xk601 is installed.... its almost worth it but a lot more work involved...as an added benefit you could get steering wheel audio controls..

The reason I'm so interested in Cruise is I'm on the road ~3 1/2 hours a day, all highway, my leg is geting sore keeping my foot on the gas all the time!!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Should have gotten an Si....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to install Cruise in my 07 DX. Now I've seen the XK601 ? I think its called, but I'm sure there is another way. It just seems klunky.

I've seen the thread on installing Audio controls in the steering wheel, and they come with the cruise control switches! But I don't really want to tear apart my steering wheel to find out that my DX has a different wiring harness.

Now even if it does have a different harness, where would the cruise wires go to? Is it to the (Computer?) And if so would my DX even have the programming for cruise? I somehow imagine that you could even go so far as replacing the wiring harness and computer from an EX/LX, but what else would be required?

I know someone here has the knowledge, and I would appreciate any info on how to proceed.
Thankyou

I have 2 civics and my older one had the cruise control in it so I took it out and went to my DX civic and putt it in and there was nothing so I’m guessing it has something to do with the ECU (computer)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts