8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 06 si coupe for a little over a year now with no issues. About 2 weeks ago I noticed my cruise control light was not showing on my dash which is odd since I always leave my cruise on and just hit set when I need it. I tried to press the cruise button and the light comes on the dash and I can set the cruise but if I release the cruise button the light goes off and cruise doesn't work. I went by the dealer and they said it would be $199 to fix. Any ideas what the issue might be?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had the exact same problem, so i just bought the whole harness since they don't sell the switch on it's own and installed it myself.

it is a pretty easy and straightforward install

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's rediculous what they want to fix that stuff at the stealers, I had a window switch go out in my chevy malibu and they wanted over 400 dollars parts and labor, saying the passenger and drivers doors needed the switches replaced, I bought just the passenger switch since that was the window that didn't go up or down for 20 bucks and the assembly just pops out of the door, had it replaced and working again in under 45 seconds, still had to pay the (expletive deleted) for the 80 dollar diagnostic to figure out why the window wasn't working. I didn't know if it was the switch, the motor or some other problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Speaking of Cruise Control does leaving it on all the time hurt anything? Should I turn it off when I don't plan on using it or just leave it set?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts