Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cruise 2 the Sky: Vancouver-Whistler 2006

The mother of all Vancouver 8th Gen Meets/Cruises!!! Vancouver-Whistler cruise.

ALL 2006 CIVIC MODELS WELCOME!!! (FA1/FG1/FG2 - Honda & Acura)

1. Date
Confirmed: September 30, 2006 (Saturday) Weather Permitting
Pick a date that's convenient to you. Let's aim for a Saturday on the last weekend of Sept or first weekend of Oct, weather permitting.
If there is more than 65% Probability of Precipitation forecasted by Friday afternoon, the meet will be moved to the following Saturday, October 7, 2006.

2. Max Distance
Confirmed: Vancouver-Whistler
Choose how far you'd like to go: ex. Vancouver-Whistler; Vancouver-Squamish; Vancouver-Furry Creek; etc.

3. Departure Time
Confirmed: Meet @ 1:30pm, Depart at 2:00pm
What time you would like to leave.

4. Return Time
Confirmed: Anytime (Same Day Return)
What time you would like to be back.

5. Activities
Activities along the route or at the destination. ex. Dinner in the Village; Starbucks stop in Squamish, etc.

Confirmed:
  • Cruise along HWY-99
  • Stop at Porteau Cove for photos (20 minutes north of Lion's Bay)
  • Dinner at Whistler Village
  • Hangout at the Starbucks
  • Football, hiking, etc.; Other outdoor activities TBD...
6. Meeting Spot
Confirmed: Park Royal Shopping Ctr - Upper parkade, Future Shop Rooftop Parking (Area #3)

7. Road Rules:
  • Speed - We will travel at a quick pace; but definitely not reckless (no more than 10km/h over limit). Over time, there will be a fast group and a slow one. One member from each group will be given a 2-way radio for communication. Inevitably, the fast group will have to pull over and wait, and communicate their location to the slower group. The most important thing for all members is to not push themselves. KNOW YOUR LIMITS AND YOUR CAR'S LIMITS.
  • Fuel Stops - Let the group know if you will need a fuel stop before we leave Vancouver. A gas stop will also help keep the group together.
  • If Anyone Gets Pulled Over - The rest of the group will continue until the next gas station or parking lot on the right side of the road and wait there. I will give everyone my cellphone number on the day of the meet.
  • Minimum Participation - Five members should be 100% certain to join before we can confirm that the meet/cruise is a 'go'.
  • Safety - Other safety details can be discussed at the meeting spot.
8. Attending Members:
Confirmed
1. Marc-o-lishuz (FBP Si)
2. Habaneroguy (HRP Si)
3. Canuck82 (NBP EX 5AT coupe)
4. Marc’s friend (ASM EX 5MT coupe)
5. Pukuyo (FBP Si)
6. 1chin3s3_b0i (RBP EX coupe)
7. Type-Si (NBP Si)
8. Sleepy (NBM EX 5AT coupe)
9. HardBoiler (GG EX coupe)
10. Sky 001 (RR EX coupe)
11. divman (GG EX 5AT sedan)
12. 1chin3s3_b0i's friend (NBP EX coupe)
13. Mikagami (ASM Si)

Tentative
-None-

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
Let me start...

1. Date
Any day but the 30th ...I am doing major inventory

2. Max Distance
Vancouver-Whistler............you lead i will follow

3. Departure Time
don't matter

4. Arrival Time
Doesn't matter

5. Activities
Gas stop @ Squamish
Photo stop at Shannon Falls
I don't think i had to refill tank on my first squamish vancouver run...but that was last year.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
yeah, i don't think we'll need to stop for gas... more for a bathroom break (unless someone wants to had out some Depends!) :SHOCKED:

haha. umm. no. i think we'll give you your washroom break. sept. 30 sounds good. do it sooner because rainy season is here to come.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Cool, welcome Sky 001. What model is your Civic? Is it RR or Habby?
Never been to any of the destinations before.

1. Date
Any Saturday

2. Max Distance
Don't care

3. Departure Time
Don't care

4. Arrival Time
Don't care

5. Activities
Gas stop @ Squamish
Photo stop at Shannon Falls

6. Bring a friend
yes

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
but i want to come to the last meet, if you kids deceide to do it on the 30th I can not come out to play...:violin:

Let's do it sooner, I do not want the rain nor my frikkin inventory to wreck this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
1. Date
Any Saturday

2. Max Distance
Don't care

3. Departure Time
Don't care

4. Arrival Time
Don't care

5. Activities
Don't care

6. Bring a friend
maybe

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Sleepy said:
but i want to come to the last meet, if you kids deceide to do it on the 30th I can not come out to play...:violin:

Let's do it sooner, I do not want the rain nor my frikkin inventory to wreck this.
If you can't come on the 30th Sleepy, then I vote for Oct 7. I don't know when the LEDs will come and then I have to make the circuits. So I don't know if I would have them ready for the sept 16th or 23rd.

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The List

1. Marc-o-lishuz (FBP Si)
2. Pukuyo (FBP Si)
3. Habaneroguy (HRP Si)
4. Sky 001 (Red Coupe)
5. HardBoiler (GG EX)
6. Marc’s friend (ASM EX 5MT)

So far so good…

Sleepy – it would be great if you could ditch inventory on the 30th! It seems the consensus is to get going as soon as possible because the nice weather may not stick around much longer.

So for now, we are good to go for September 30, 2006. If the weather sucks, we will try again the following week – October 7, 2006.

The following people need to make a vote!
Type-Si
RPM2
DigitalAnalog
8thciviccoupe
Airtrack
1chin3s3_b0i

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
k well count me out..no pun intended. Inventory is a must and I either quit my job and go to meet or I do not go to meet and do my inventory.

I am extremely cranky now...and ready to cry. Have a fun run kids...see you in the spring.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Sounds like an awesome cruise. Too bad I'm in Ontario.

FYI the company I work for is working on widening two stretches of that HWY for the Olympics!

·
Registered
14,801 Posts
i'm down for sept 30th..just as long as its on a saturday i can go because its my only dayoff i get from school and work..so this should be nice turnout if this goes down right..=) put me in i'll just have check up on this once and a while

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zesti1 said:
Sounds like an awesome cruise. Too bad I'm in Ontario.

FYI the company I work for is working on widening two stretches of that HWY for the Olympics!
you have my sincerest gratitude for widening the Sea2Sky... more passing lanes ftw!!! could you send me a diagram of where cops will most likely camp out tagging speeders like us?! :laughing:

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
you have my sincerest gratitude for widening the Sea2Sky... more passing lanes ftw!!! could you send me a diagram of where cops will most likely camp out tagging speeders like us?! :laughing:
:laughing: If I had the locations I would send it to you. Dont really know anyone on that job to even email to ask them about that. Sorry man!

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
you can borrow my radar detector....FYI, there is a brand new undercover Dodge charger, it is black and tinted out windows so be on the look out for that car, they have it for exactly pulling over speeders on the sea to sky. And west van cops are a pain in the ass to deal with..

1 - 20 of 384 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.