8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts
I would rep for a bike. GSXR 600. Looks sick. Ride while your still young. There is only a certain about of time you would want to ride a bike. When you start your family (married and children) you would def. take them into consideration and not want to ride as much cuz it endangers your life. If your looking for the fun factor the bike is the way to go.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

I used to ride bish on the back of Harleys all the time so I do not have a problem with bikes I was actually thinking about getting one myself when I had my STi.. I would feel safer on the back of a Harley and they are definitely more comfortable (IMO) if he wants a bike I will support him but if he wants a car I will support him. It is his decision but he knows I wont ride with him on certain bikes..

I do track days though, much less risk in a controled invironment. My street riding is mostly done on saturday and sundays. So i dont ride a hole lot any more. Work takes up to much time.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Yeah thats my problem I love speed and I get a high off of it. Then I saw 13 bikes past me in a pack just flying by doing wheelies and having a good time. But I do like having 4 wheels cause I feel safer going faster in a si but no weelies lol....

I started out on a 2003 Yamaha R6 when i was 17 and put 17,000 miles in two years on that thing befor i sold it. I then got a 2005 Yamaha R6 and rode it for a year and sold it. Then i picked up my 2006 Yamaha R1 and rode it until i sold it last july.

Now i currently own a 2008 Honda CBR 1000rr.

Heres a few pics of me at my last track day i did before i sold my R1.

and heres my new CBR

id go with the civic...i dont understand the crotch rocket thing. i mean i undrstand they may be fun. but they just seem so plastic to me. i mean do you really need to go 150+mph on something like that? if i were to get a bike it would be a harley. they look better and are fun.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Very very nice bike. So whats a better ride a cbr 600 or a gsxr 600 or a 636 or a r6. I heard honda have a nice ride and light but the 636 performs better is this true?

Discussion starter · #57 ·
id go with the civic...i dont understand the crotch rocket thing. i mean i undrstand they may be fun. but they just seem so plastic to me. i mean do you really need to go 150+mph on something like that? if i were to get a bike it would be a harley. they look better and are fun.
Yeah Harley are a good ride for a long time, but lots of $$$$$ too and slow, my dad has one and he takes it out with all of his push broom moustash friends lol

Very very nice bike. So whats a better ride a cbr 600 or a gsxr 600 or a 636 or a r6. I heard honda have a nice ride and light but the 636 performs better is this true?
the Kawi 636 has more power, but if you want one of those you'll have to buy a used one because Kawi quit making them. The only make the true 600 now where as they used to make both.

Personally the R6 handles the best out of all of them but its too race oriented with its low mid range torque and hellacious top end power.

for a good street bike the 08/09 cbr has the stongest midrange motor along with the suzuki gsxr 600.

Unless your a skilled rider that either races or does really frequent track days and can extract the full potential of these bikes, id say stay away from the 06-09 model R6. Yamaha Designed its engine and chasi so be a pure bred track bike. It was made to go one speed, balls to the wall on the track. The poor midrange on it makes it a bad choice for a street bike. The only way you can really enjoy the R6 is to keep it above 10,000 rpms.

Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
Yeah i heard the cbr are very good bikes that what the bike guy said, and they sell for a good price too. I like how the gsxr sits low to the ground and it is a good fit too like the cbr. the cbr seems to be a lighter bike

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.