8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need everyones opinion I have been looking at getting a 2006 Si but since the weather has been so nice here I have been thinking about getting a crotch rocket instead. I want either a Fiji blue coupe, a gsxr 600 or a 636. I have had a bike in the past so I remember how much fun it is but my girlfriend has a NHBP FA5 so I have also been considering an Si. I just sold my 4-Runner and am driving my company car around but would like something fun for the weekends.. I live in Oregon so the weather is pretty unpredictable here one day it could be sunny, snowing or raining. I wouldnt mind letting the bike sit a few months out of the year.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hayabusa yeah lol, Na just want a crusier, later on I will upgrade to a bigger bike, need something to practice on.

·
Registered
193 Posts
civic si.

the odds of dying from a bike vs car are greatly higher for the bike. One reason i wont buy a bike, even though i want one so bad..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
civic reason? I was also looking at sti as well the 2006 ones at least, but there a butt load of money to upgrade. I want something fun and fast looking at all of my options, but I love the si when v tec hits and there cheap to up grade, but you hop on a bike and your fast stock

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
civic si.

the odds of dying from a bike vs car are greatly higher for the bike. One reason i wont buy a bike, even though i want one so bad..

I agree but I miss having a bike it was really fun but I am trying to see if the pros outweigh the cons

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
civic reason? I was also looking at sti as well the 2006 ones at least, but there a butt load of money to upgrade. I want something fun and fast looking at all of my options, but I love the si when v tec hits and there cheap to up grade, but you hop on a bike and your fast stock
Civic Cheap to upgrade?? since when?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey I need everyones opinion I have been looking at getting a 2006 Si but since the weather has been so nice here I have been thinking about getting a crotch rocket instead. I want either a Fiji blue coupe, a gsxr 600 or a 636. I have had a bike in the past so I remember how much fun it is but my girlfriend has a NHBP FA5 so I have also been considering an Si. I just sold my 4-Runner and am driving my company car around but would like something fun for the weekends.. I live in Oregon so the weather is pretty unpredictable here one day it could be sunny, snowing or raining. I wouldnt mind letting the bike sit a few months out of the year.
That my friend is up to you, that is a choice that should be thought out, but to me, i rather do something crazy in a car then a bike... But then again, im scared shitless:wavey:

·
Registered
543 Posts
id say get both... a car and a bike... when raining or snowing take the civic... when its sunny and nice take the bike... hehehe or since u are driving ur company car... get a bike...

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Civic Cheap to upgrade?? since when?
It is cheap... We have been modifying my Si and it is 1/3 of the price that it was to mod my STi.. That is why he thinks it is cheap.. Not cheap as in 100 bucks here or 200 bucks there but at least its not 1000 or up to 10000... Also my STi tranny went out and it was going to be 6k for all the parts and to install which would equal out to 2 superchargers for my Si so the Si is definitely more affordable to mod.. He didnt mean its cheap like goodwill but cheap as in affordable..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts