8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a EX couple w/16K on it. Everyday while turning into my driveway I get a creaking noise from the front left side, while performing a 90 degree slow speed turn into my driveway. Anyone ever experience this? I can reproduce it in a parking lot buy simply making a hard right hand turn at slow speeds (i.e. < 10), clutch depressed. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them before I bring it back to the dealer, I just don't need there crap. You know, with noises their common response is, "Its just a civic". Thanks guys.

·
Registered
235 Posts
my right hand drive civic sedan is making a creaking noise when i turn left... could be a similar problem :)

when i get out of my car and the car rises up as i take my weight off it, i also hear the same creak but much louder, so i'm thinking it's the chassis or something underneath the car on the outside. and i only weigh 150lb!

·
Registered
311 Posts
i had this same problem,. took it in to the dealer about 3 times and the tird time they finally replaced some cable inside the steering column. the sound didnt even go away nor do i think they replaced anything since lower cowl doesnt even look like it's been touched :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone else have this issue? I can reproduce the noise by simply turning the wheel to the right > 1/2 turn. This is driving me nuts. Its not why I bought a Honda. Someone has to have some idea.

·
Registered
235 Posts
catchx34 said:
i had this same problem,. took it in to the dealer about 3 times and the tird time they finally replaced some cable inside the steering column. the sound didnt even go away nor do i think they replaced anything since lower cowl doesnt even look like it's been touched :/
separate to my creak is another noise coming from the steering column, i'm waiting for a steering column cable as well (to be delivered from japan). i doubt one will fix the other...

mswartz60 said:
Its not why I bought a Honda.
i fully know what you mean... i'm up to warranty issue #30 and i've had quite a few parts replaced/fixed including engine mount, seats, airbags, dash panels etc. i've learnt to accept my civic as a lemon though so it's not too bad now...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on now... I can't believe that I've got the only Civic that creaks while making a slow speed, sharp right hand turn... Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts