8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the freeway this morning and on the other side of the freeway there was a cop chasing an STI! the STI was flying really fast! man oh man just imagine the driver after the cop finds him maybe it was stolen? he drove so fast he lost the cop but i think the cop radioed ahead for backup. If he got pulled over he probably went to jail and his car was impounded. Who tries to outrun the cops? its dangerous and risky you could go to jail and have your car impounded and sold at an auction. Is it really worth going to jail over a speeding ticket? im sure he did out run the cop and im sure the cop did radio for backup and found him eventually.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That sort of thing happens here in phx all the time. The sad thing is some gets hurt most of the time.
Just a few weeks ago some one stole a car and two other vehicles in the process of running from the cops. There were a bunch of news helicopters in the sky of course and two just happend to hit each other killing the pilots and photographers. Very sad as to the phx area isnt That large and the news teams are very liked and know by pretty much every one.
you may have heard something on CNN or your local news channel about it.
I would never run from the cops... well I say that but who knows J/K.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh knowing Phoenix yeah as i used to live there for 12 years but moved to CO in 01. The helicopters that crashed was in PHX? i didnt know that,interesting.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Generally speaking, the people who run are trying to avoid being arrested for things much worse than speeding, reckless driving, failure to pull over, and the laundry list of infractions associated with a pursuit.

You can't outrun the cops on the freeway. All they have to do is radio ahead, and you're busted.

RE: What happened when Dado crossed Kansas a few years back.
http://www.dtmpowerracing.com/dado/mphmagazinearticle.jpg

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
He might be running away from the cops because he might have something illegal. Like drugs.

Possession of drugs is way more worse than getting your car impounded.

·
Registered
460 Posts
A few of my friends with boosted cars (Evo's, 3000GT's) do it all the time on the highway. When they see the lights go up, and its not from a car that was tailgating them (meaning they couldn't have gotten their plates), they downshift and fly out of there. They at first stay on the highway for 1~2 more exits, then get off, take a bunch of local turns, turn off their headlights. Honestly, they make it seem easy, 'cause they're gone within 30 seconds, so even if the police call backup, it won't get there on time. Plus, it's not like the police is gonna send out choppers for a random car going 20 miles an hour over the limit.

Still very very not recommended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts