8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were talking in another thread, who had the most crashes. Not bragging, just wondering...comparing stories and such...

Mine:
87 chevy truck - steering wheel problem - fender damage
95 mustang - rear ended - new bumper
99 s10 - rear ended by old lady - new bumper
00 blazer - brake problem - whole front end, radiator, battery, bumper replaced
03 civic - rear bumper backed into by friend

a long time ago, i rented a scooter, got drunk and wrecked it...don't know if that's the same...

besides that, there's got to be more, can't think of them...

Who's next? I know there's some stories!

· Acorns!
18,626 Posts
ohhh man. I'm not even going to go there yet. I'd put money on myself winning this though.

I think I'm at 13. Not all me driving, but in the car. So I've been in the car during 13 accidents I believe. I'll have to count them and try to actually post them up later.

· ID10T
445 Posts
I've been in a couple. Nothing too major. The worst was when I was riding with one of my friends and he took a left turn right in front of an explorer. It smashed into my door. I got a few bruised ribs and had to have some glass removed from my ear. Thankfully I saw it coming and got my arm back inside the car before it hit. I also had tractor trailer run over the front of my car with his back trailer tires trying to make a turn. That sucked.

· Premium Member
41,910 Posts
Was in my buddy’s 02 camero and we went into a 30km/h corner doing 120km/h, kicked out the rear end and lost complete control. After the first slide almost 360 I closed my eyes, I do remember feeling the car go around and around until the rear drivers tire hit the median and we crossed that, some how we went back across it taking out the amber sign post in the middle with my door. There was a huge hole in my door from the light itself. If I close my eyes today I can still feel the g forces of the slid and all the bumps we hit along the way. In the end we ended up on the same side of the road we started on facing the wrong direction and about 300 meters from where were started at.

I kept a peice of the car to remind him to slow down, now he owns a Audi S4.

· Webby's Minion
7,063 Posts
I might win for most damage to an unoccupied vehicle, that wasn't my fault, and vehicle turned off. All on my 1994 Honda Accord LX:

1. Parallel parking accident. Scratches to the rear bumper.
2. Parking lot accident. Front fender/bumper area hit by an SUV while it was backing out of its space.
3. Parallel parking accident. Truck in front of my parked car didn't have the emergency brake enabled. It wasn't much of a grade, but it still caused damage to the car.
4. Mother nature accident. Santa Ana winds in California were gusting over 100 mph in my area. It caused a carport structure to collapse on my car. No structural damage to the car, however it looked like it got keyed the f*ck up! Had damage to every body panel.
5. Parking lot accident. Got hit in the back by my co-worker's truck.
6. Parking lot accident. Two weeks later, got hit again by the same co-worker's truck. Freaking dumbass. lol

Got one on my '06 Civic not too long ago:
1. Low speed bump into both side passenger doors by Escalade. Getting fixed this week.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
A wal-mart cart hit my last car, 2002 honda civic sedan, during a really bad thunderstorm with 60 mph+ winds. The cart rolled for probably about 250 to 300 feet and then slammed into my front bumper. The cart flipped over and landed next to my drivers door. Put about a 3 inch hole in my bumper. :pat:

Wal-mart payed $600 to repair it.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Cybergypsy said:
not a good karma to talk about them......
Do you know what Karma is? Talking about accidents you have been in does not bring bad Karma.

Just thought I would let you know Karma means, what you do will come back to you. It's doesn't mean that if you talk about wrecks you were in, they will come back and wreck you again.

That reminds me of....

"When in Rome..." - Ron Burgundy

Don't mean to call you out like that, I just don't want to leave a booger hanging out of your nose, so to speak.

· Registered
752 Posts
1978, Dec. 27th, Budwieser and LSD. Drove a AMC Ambasador thru a house in Fountain Valley Ca. Side swiped a fully resored 1964 Chevy panel truck. Took out a berm and flower bed at a grade school. Ran a narc on a moped into the back of a Dodge Van. Hit several police cars in a game of chicken.

It was a bad night. Cost me 80K. And I walked for one year. But I got the narc.

· Registered
165 Posts
HAQER said:
Do you know what Karma is? Talking about accidents you have been in does not bring bad Karma.

Just thought I would let you know Karma means, what you do will come back to you. It's doesn't mean that if you talk about wrecks you were in, they will come back and wreck you again.

That reminds me of....

"When in Rome..." - Ron Burgundy

Don't mean to call you out like that, I just don't want to leave a booger hanging out of your nose, so to speak.
lol.. geez

· Registered
293 Posts
This accident wasn't in my car, but I got the bad end of the deal in it.

We had been out partyin' all night and we ended up at a buddy's house. We were sittin' in his car with the keys turned back so we could listen to some tunes while we waited for our sober friend to come pick us up and bring us to a house party.

I don't remember this, but at some point my frined in the driver's seat must've decided that he couldn't wait any longer and took off like a bat outta hell down a road we call "suicide lane" (cause it's barely one lane wide and has a nasty 90 degree turn on each end). Well needless to say my drunken friend didn't negotiate the corner properly and went over the curb, then he over corrected, went back all the way across the road, over the curb on the other side, and went headon with a tree.

I was in the back seat, but I flew forward when we smashed into the tree and I performed a face plant into the windshield, then somehow inertia found a way to send me straight back into my exact position that I'd been sitting in the back seat.

Woke up in the hospital the next day with a concussion, a catheter, and some nasty scratches and bruises on my face. No permanent damage. Catheter hurt like CRAZY!!! Didn't know it was there and gave it a good tug when I immediately tried to get outta my hospital bed.

Coulda been worse, though. Doctors thought I was as good as dead; brain dead at best. They were way off, I guess now I'm just damaged goods.

· Registered
1,580 Posts
i was in my friends blazer when he was messing around with something (not paying attention to the road) and hit the median and flipped it twice going like 45 mph.

now that was something, there were 4 of us, we all had our windows down and our seatbelts on so no one got seriously injured, but the 2 guys on the right side of the car got more then me and the driver, they got cuts and stuff, i got a bit of whiplash and all in all it was a pretty cool experiance, scary at the time but looking back we learned a great deal of stuff.

we were on the far left lane and when it was over the car was back on all fours on the far right lane (3 lane road) facing the other direction, the blazer was totaled.

come to think of it i still have the neck brace, i think i was supposed to give it back but oh well, chicks dig neck braces :party:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.