8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I have an 06 LX Sedan with 40k miles. I've noticed lately that there was a grinding sound when I braked going slow. Today I pulled my brakes off and to my suprise the inside pad was about paper thin. I got new pads and had the rotors turned so hopefully I'll be good for a while. Anyone else have this problem? Seems kinda strange they wear so soon.

·
Registered
494 Posts
dtexan said:
To start off I have an 06 LX Sedan with 40k miles. I've noticed lately that there was a grinding sound when I braked going slow. Today I pulled my brakes off and to my suprise the inside pad was about paper thin. I got new pads and had the rotors turned so hopefully I'll be good for a while. Anyone else have this problem? Seems kinda strange they wear so soon.
So soon? It's a car with FWD and a nose heavy weight bias, both of which cause a car to work the front brakes much harder than the rear set. The truth of the matter is that forty thousand miles is actually pretty good for a set of front pads on any FWD platform from any manufacturer. Depending on the driving environment, our FWD rides typically get between thirty and fifty thousand miles per set of pads.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the hondas I've had lasted over 75k. Just seemed odd that the inner passenger side wore way faster than the other 3

·
Registered
649 Posts
dtexan said:
All the hondas I've had lasted over 75k. Just seemed odd that the inner passenger side wore way faster than the other 3
that's amazing...i've never heard of brakes lasting that long.
perhaps the pads on your other hondas were stone? i hear they don't wear down that quickly.... ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the inner pad would have worn even I would think that maybe another 20-30k out of them. The outer pad was full of cracks I guess the excessive heat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts