8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you aquasurf.
The very first day when the car started and ran for about 3-4 seconds using starting fluid the fuel gauge was showing 1/2 a tank but I put about 2 more gallons just in case. Unfortunately it didn't help so the fuel gauge is ok and it its showing now a higher fuel level than it was before. I am pretty sure its the fuel pressure. May be dirty strainer, or fuel regulator. Will be working on it today if my back is not to bad. Thanks

Registered
Thank you aquasurf
Thank you 94Vig06Civ
Thank you Mister Bek
I have checked all my underhood and under dash fuse and relays. They all work ok.
My backup lights work ok too. And I do hear the fuel pump priming for a few seconds.
馃槙馃槥
Had I paid better attention to Your post I would have seen You said Fuel Pump Did work and Primed for start I wouldn't have mentioned the Brake Circuit...sorry about that, I was just trying to remember exactly what caused the No Start in My car a few years ago and it was loose nut not allowing proper grounding of Brake Circuit.. Your car Does start with starting fluid because You gave it fuel to start with but stalls as soon as that fuel is used...if Your Fuel Pump is indeed priming for a few seconds with turn of key then I would guess that Your issue is Fuel Delivery.... something isn't allowing the cars Fuel Delivery system to work properly....maybe just a clogged fuel filter? if Fuel filter is new and an aftermarket brand maybe You got a defective filter?

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks. I travel often out of town so actually I havent worked on that yet, I haven't replaced fuel filter or anything else. Today I will be checking the fuel pump unit and try to figure out what's going on. Thanks again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Ok I started working on my fuel pump and its VERY DIRTY. It looks as its the first time it got opened. The connector is the only white thing (clean) I can see here.
20200325_123603-1.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
All right. This thing (the strainer) is not sold separately by auto parts stores neither by Honda dealer. So I bought it on line for 11.98 + taxes.
I should be here by April 1st. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I will let you all know what happens then.Thank you all.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Hello everyone. This is an update.
Bad news guys. I replaced my fuel pump strainer and it didn't solve the problem.
I am attaching a picture of my fuel pump 4 pines connector voltage readings, I don't understand to much what's going on. These are voltages I measured before and while cranking using my power probe device.
I also tested the pump(disconnected) using my power probe.
I put ground on pin No 4 and 12 V on pin No 2. The pump did worked but the pressure is very low. Any other combination of Ground and 12.4 V didn't make the pump work. I don't want to forget that my battery voltage without cranking was 12.4V at the moment.
So I think I have more than one problem here. I really need some help. Thank you.
20200329_182505-1.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I need to check my inertia switch but I can't find it. Its a 2008 civic coupe ex. Need some help finding it. Thanks

21 - 29 of 29 Posts