8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 civic si sedan. no check engine light. Other night drove to the store, came out minute later turns over fine but will not run. cranked over till battery got low. Next day tried jump starting, no luck towed home. tried pop starting during tow not even a pop from engine. placed battery on charger. changed plugs and coil packs, good spark, No luck. Ran for codes no codes. when turn key on hear fuel pump kick on. I haven't checked fuel lines yet for pressure. any ideas? thank you

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is the green key on the dash flashing? My son's Civic would not recognize the key, although I vaguely remember that it would start, and then shut off after a few seconds. So, probably not your issue.

Stupid question - are you sure you have gas? As you mentioned, fuel pressure is the next logical step.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no green key, filled tank up earlier in the day so full tank. thank you for response ... I'm baffled

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry - had to ask! Sometimes its easy to rely on the fuel gauge. Are you getting any hints that it is combusting at all? Are you smelling any fuel in the exhaust?

Going back to basics - you need 3 things to make an engine run: compression, carburetion, and ignition. I doubt you lost compression all of a sudden, and you said you are getting spark (how did you check it?). That leaves fuel delivery.

If you can't check the rail pressure (I forget where it is/how hard it is to check), perhaps you could get some starting fluid, take off the air cleaner, and spray just a tiny bit while someone is cranking the engine. If it kicks a little, then that would verify it is a fueling issue.

Although I don't recall hearing about pump failures, your symptoms could point to a bad fuel pump. If the pump was running but not delivering fuel, the engine computer wouldn't set a code since I don't believe there is a fuel pressure sensor anywhere.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic Si 2 door
1 Posts
I’m having a issue too where I drove my car to work and it ran fine , idle was good everything was good . Then when I got out of work I went to start my car it wouldn’t start I tried poping the clutch and it would run but idle would be below 200rpm and bog down and die . I have spark I have fuel it just cranks and no start I get one code only and it’s P1009 - but my cheap scanner says “manufacturer specific “ , so I’m in the same damn boat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to put started fluid on the manifold if it starts you are not getting fuel or if water got into the fuel just remplace the fuel pump and injectors

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 civic si sedan. no check engine light. Other night drove to the store, came out minute later turns over fine but will not run. cranked over till battery got low. Next day tried jump starting, no luck towed home. tried pop starting during tow not even a pop from engine. placed battery on charger. changed plugs and coil packs, good spark, No luck. Ran for codes no codes. when turn key on hear fuel pump kick on. I haven't checked fuel lines yet for pressure. any ideas? thank you
I just got rid of a 1994 Acura Vigor and replaced it with a 2006 Civic EX coupe... If I ever turn My key and DON'T hear the fuel pump prime I'm going to replace the MAIN RELAY ..... I haven't looked yet to see where it is on My new/old Civic but on My Vigor when NO SOUND OF FUEL PUMP PRIMING when turning the key was heard My Main Relay that is under the dash needed repaired/replaced as it controls the Fuel pump during start operation..... I know they are 2 entirely different cars BUT They ARE Both Honda's so I would Definitely expect to find a Bad Main Relay on Your 07 Civic

·
Registered
2010 Si sedan 86k for sale
59 Posts
What did it end up being?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts