8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a small crack in my rim, does anyone know a place i can get it fix near the 90703 area? please help wanna fix asap.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gram lights. . . i cant get pictures up becuase i have no camera, but if my friends have one ill get em up asap

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a cracked rim too. Someone tried to fix it by just spot welding it. Is that how they are supposed to fix it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard that is supposed to be like not"safe" but im not sure, whered you get it done, and hows the rim holding up?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
i heard that is supposed to be like not"safe" but im not sure, whered you get it done, and hows the rim holding up?
Depends on where/how the rim was cracked. Spot welding is still compromised in rigidity--so if it crack on a spoke or something I think you might have to replace it. Should ask some wheel specialty shop.

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

A place like that, except in socal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I suggest taking your rim to Tru Wheels located in North Hollywood. Just google and you'll find them. I bought a set of used Volk GT-7s that had terrible curb rashes. I was skeptical at first, but they did a great job and cleaned up pretty nicely. Don't be turned off by their simple website. ^^

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suggest taking your rim to Tru Wheels located in North Hollywood. Just google and you'll find them. I bought a set of used Volk GT-7s that had terrible curb rashes. I was skeptical at first, but they did a great job and cleaned up pretty nicely. Don't be turned off by their simple website. ^^
haha my homie from socal prelude told me about that same place today. thanks i will be going there tomorrow, if i can get a camera ill show before and afters pics to show their work! thanks for all the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts