8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright 8th, Just got finished installing the P2R tbs and gaskets....I ran into a slight problem. While trying to "break" the two bolts, I was idiotically turning the wrong way and managed to crack my intake manifold. It's not too bad.

Heres some shots of it, I put a little "Great Stuff" to help it and when I was done and I revved, no air was coming out of the crack/hole.

Crappy iphone pics...

My question is..Do you think it'll be ok and if not what options are there for aftermarket Intake Manifolds.

PS. How are yall solving the rubbing with SRI?

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude if i were you i would not drive that car at all there may be pieces of metal leftover from the breaking. I would also Buy a new manifold i have seen them brand new for like 130.00 on E-bay
the crack didn't go all the way through, I'm not too worried with metal in it. It was a very surface level crack and only exposed that bolt for the tbs

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
As long as the crack didnt go all the way through you should be ok but i would still get another one and just fix it now so you dont have a possible bigger problem down the road.

Always remember "Lefty loosey, Righty tighty"......lol

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
use jb weld. you have to cut the rubber elbow to make the intake fit.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking too. How does that do against heat though and also, how much of the elbow should I cut? and where..near the TB or neat the piping for intake

i'd get a new manifold. the heat from running your car nice and hard could potentially make the crack worse.
This is kind of what I'm afraid of.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would buy a new stock intake,there is not very many options if any on different intakes. Post in the WTB thread,some people on here are getting ready to put a S/C on there rides and might be willing to sell there intake to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Nice idea, never even though of that..I'll call around tomorrow. Thanks

So there's really no aftermarket IM's yet? I though I had an excuse to get one now:thumb:
there are no after market intake manifolds for our cars because the RBC manifold has the best flow characteristics of the manifolds available for K series motors. the RSX guys usually take the RBC manifold and modify it to bolt up to their cars. some might argue the FD2 manifold is even better but i haven't seen anything to back this up...yet.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Have it welded..you'll certainly be able to tell..definately no worse than that though.

I'd cut the intake pipe and not the coupler..easier cut and you can't see it.
I had a old volkswagen, one day it spit a valve out one of the IM's for the Webers. Huge hole, gave it to a buddy to weld it up. After he was done tig welding and cleaning it up you couldn't tell inside or out that it was repaired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.