8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have a couple questions about problems i'm beginning to run into. I currently use Zaino products.

First of all, my clear bra has some swirlies and scratches on it, would using Z-5 and/or Z-2 help with this? Is it safe to use Z-5 and Z-2 on the clear bra and also what about the headlights/tailights?

I use the absorber for flat panels and then a microfiber towel to finish out drying, the MF towel gets mildly dirty after drying my car... I guess i'm not washing the car thorough enough or something, but I just toss it in the washer with my mitt and the MF cloths I use for the glass/Z-6, how often do you guys buy new MF towels? My old MF towel isn't very soft anymore so I just use it to dry my wheels, I wont let it near the paint.

Another possibly newb question, Is the strips behind the side windows and those panels behind each wheel vinyl? Also, most the dash and interior door paneling is vinyl too right? Making sure all I need to get a vinyl cleaner for the panels.

TIA

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
If your bra is swirling or scratching, try gently polishing it with a cleaner wax. Remember that it is vinyl, not paint, so it can't take abrasives like paint can. I am not familiar with the Zaino Z2 or Z5, but if they have a mild abrasive, that should help the vinyl. In any event, you should be waxing over the vinyl to maintain the evenness of the shine with your paint.

As for your towels getting dirty after washing, you are not doing a thorough enough job of washing. Get a good sheepskin or microfiber mitt and get a bucket with a grit guard. Use a good quality shampoo like Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo. You may want to wash the panels twice if they are really dirty.

The panels in the wheelwell area is vinyl. So is much of your interior. Get a good vinyl/rubber protectant for those areas.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I should mention that I don't get the towel dirty from the main body drying but I don't get around the edges very well, like under the doors and the underside the back bumper so when im drying the edges of my car the towel likes to pick up some of that dirt. Sounds like my best solution is going to be to buy a new mitt(currently using a mf chenille mitt that I'm really pleased with) and some new towels and use the old mitt to try to get those dirtier spots on my car.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts