8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s been covered before but the only stuff I could find was on the preformance, not the actual practically.

I had an FG2 for about year before I ended up selling it, and it served me well. I hardly ever had to haul stuff and when I did I just used my parents SUV but that’s no longer an option because I’ve moved across the country. I’ve been without a car for a couple of months now and I’m really itching to get back into an 8th gen now that it’s starting to get nicer out, and I’m a little torn on a FG2 vs an FA5... I like the styling of the couple better but since I’ve sold it I’ve gotten into cycling and snowboarding and I’m a little concerned about trunk space.

And coupe owners able to fit a bike or snowboard stuff into their cars without any issues? Or am I better off with a sedan? I hardly ever have more then one passenger so I’m not really worried about that. I really want another coupe but I just want to hear some other peoples input and experience

·
Registered
22 Posts
U could fold down the rear seats in the fg2 for more space? get a roof rack maybe lol. can’t go wrong with either one tho i equally like their styling. I have an FG2 and it’s rare for me to haul stuff or drive with more than 1 passenger but when i have to i really wish i had an fa5.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would think you could fit a fair bit in the Coupe with the seats down. It's been awhile since I have read paid attention to trunk space but I feel like there is a fair bit in the Coupe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe the trunk size to the coupe and sedan is the same size. The oem cargo liner that I purchased used was from a coupe and it fits perfectly in my sedan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U could fold down the rear seats in the fg2 for more space? get a roof rack maybe lol. can’t go wrong with either one tho i equally like their styling. I have an FG2 and it’s rare for me to haul stuff or drive with more than 1 passenger but when i have to i really wish i had an fa5.
My bad, forgot to mention I’m talking about the amount of space with the seats folded down, with the seats up there’s no chance you could fit a snowboard or a bike.

Do the sedan back seats mean more room when the seats are down? I know the coupe with the seats folded down is pretty decent, I drove that car when I moved and had it packed to the roof with just about everything that I owned, but I’m curious about the length. I want to avoid buying a bike hitch or roof rack if I can, not crazy on how they look and that’s money I could put towards preference ?️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts