8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How different are they? I never got a chance to drive a coupe before buying my sedan but now I read in some reviews that the spring rates and damping rates are different. By how much? Just enough to compensate for the added length? The sedan isn't noticably softer is it?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
sedan has 3" larger in height, which raises the center of gravity, which is the biggest difference in handling between the two, however Honda has given different damping rates to the front to even it out. stock v stock they are the same.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sedan has an extra 4.2 inches of height (3 inches more headroom) yet it's minimum ground clearance is 4mm (0.15 inch) lower than the coupe. But I knew that, how about those spring rates? Or difference in the damping?
Does the Sedan have a lot more body roll?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Sidan has no more body roll. The ride is teeth-shattering stiff. Having test driven both, I found the sedan to match the coupe in every performance category and to well exceed it in one - practicality. If any of you coupe owners are imagining the Sidan to be the softer, less intense choice - you need to drive one.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually like the added head room, I'm only 5'10 but in the coupe it felt too close, I'd be scared of rolling the car with it being so close. Also, when I sat in the back of the coupe I had about a fingers width between my head and the rear glass! I mostly bought it because I'd had coupe's my whole life, for the last 15 years... recently I had a Jetta and I really liked the extra doors, no more having to shove peoples asses between the seat and pillar having them tripping over the seatbelt! lol

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,973 Posts
The coupe handles like a F1 car, and the sedan handles like a mini van:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I guess opinions really are like assholes.
To give an honest answer, handling is pretty much the same. You won't notice the 60 lbs difference, different dampening (08 coupe rates have been changed to sedan rates anyway). At most, you may notice that the exhaust note of the sedan is slightly louder.

Biggest difference though, is the coupe's superior styling, heheheheh. :biggrin:

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah It was a tough decision, I'd had coupes for the last 15 years though and had enough of them. Is the exhaust louder on the sedan? Is there any site or reference that actually specifies what the spring rates and damping rates are between the two cars?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.