8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have had my coupe for about a year now, and i slowly realized that the wax on my trunk is gone after a week or two. I have tried to clay the whole car, and then wax it again. But that didn't work, then i tried mothers cleaner wax. My previous set up was a sealant then a wax, but now, the wax is gone. Anyone else having the same problem?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
can you see when wax is gone?? i thought you could feel it or sumthin....

clarify the situation a bit please!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Couple things about determing whether wax is on your car.

1. Water beading occurs when water gets on it.
2. Very easy to dry, compared to unwaxed cars.
3. Squeak test

The squeak test is shown on meguiars website here

The Squeak Test - How to test for the presence of wax - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

but just take your finger to the clean paint and swipe it across...if it squeaks then there is not much wax and needs to be rewaxed. No squeak then its okay.

Remember, trunk, hood, and roof wares off very quickly compared to the sides. Other things to note is that if you wash your car plenty of times then it won't last very long. According to Modern Marvels on Car washes on the History Channel. The average wax job lasts only 8 car washes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as johnnysak69 said, i there was no beading of the water at all, it would just for a giant puddle. and it was hard to try as well. and i am pretty sure that my clear coat is still there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i usually wash it like, once every 2 weeks, but since it has been raining lately and i have been lazy i haven't washed it for a while. and i usually drive everyday to school, and then i park outside, so that might be one of the issues too.

and av911, u wanna come see it. lol. you do live in sf. where exactly?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
In Pacifica right now. It rained last night, and my car is beading beautifully, but I haven't washed my car in probably a month. Mine is parked outside 24/7.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts