8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it's a simple swap, too. My buddy had a GTI that he traded fronts with a Jetta. It took about an hour or so to do it. I just have to find someone willing to trade that's close. (I also have to decide what color I want and then actually get the car first...)

·
Registered
321 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to find someone that's selling their OEM coupe front bumper. I'm not really liking it (but I like it more than the sedan's). There should be a fair amount of people wanting to get rid of their OEM bumper for an aftermarket one. I might as long as they're not too crazy. I still want a clean looking ride. :D

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scourge said:
It shouldn't be hard to find someone that's selling their OEM coupe front bumper. I'm not really liking it (but I like it more than the sedan's). There should be a fair amount of people wanting to get rid of their OEM bumper for an aftermarket one. I might as long as they're not too crazy. I still want a clean looking ride. :D
Great idea. I just hope I don't contribute to someone ricing their car...have you seen the dragon??

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dunno guys. Ther line down the side of the sedan is very pronounced. If thats the right word to describe it, and it flows through the wheel well to the front bumper...

I'm just saying that it would be our luck that the line would be in the wrong spot. Too high, or too low, or just odd...

Only time will tell, another option is to get the euro/asian bumper and headlights. Or one of the many rice boy body kits that will appear within 6 months...

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bump:

I've looked at several pics, although no side-by-side comparisons. It looks like the sedan and coupe front bumpers should be interchangable, no problem. Anyone have/going to get a silver coupe within reasonable miles of Louisville?

Also, what would this do as far as warranty?

·
Registered
141 Posts
^warranty shouldnt be an issue. If you dont announce to the dealer that you changed it, they will prob. never know...

I hope they are interchangible, that blue Coupe front bumper with the HFP body kit is sexy...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Xenin said:
one thing that IS NOT worth it is a headlight swap. the coupe/Si and sedan have different shaped headlights on the corners where the amber is. this means you need the fenders as well.
I just saw the Coupe and Sedan side by side. Xenin is right. The fenders are noticeably different. So, it'll be a pricey swap after all... The only part (exterior) that looks 100% interchangeable between the coupe and sedan is the hood and wipers.

Might be too much work to do a bumper swap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i like the mugen sedan and will leave it at that, the coupe front is cool, but i dont think it would look as great on a sedan, but that is just me

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, this is what College Hills Honda has to say:

We haven't had much time to check for Civic modification applications. Once more vehicles are available we will be able to check into questions like yours. At this time I'm going to say that they will not be interchangable but I can't say for sure.

:(

·
Registered
141 Posts
I finally got a look at a coupe two nights ago. My first reaction...

HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to look at the bumpers, the coupe was parked right behind a sedan too, both white...

My bad...

·
Registered
106 Posts
FYI all, the cars may look very similar, but they DO NOT share a single body panel from Coupe to Sedan.

You will not be able to just swap the bumper

1 - 20 of 50 Posts