8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think about Gas from Costco or BJs ?
Is it all the same as BP or mobile ? worst ?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
When I fill up, it's either at Mobil or Costco. Nothing wrong at all with either one of them...and think about it, would Costco risk their reputation by selling low quality gas. Costco is a huge corporation with tons of loyal customers, I doubt they would sell anything that would jeapordize that.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
To me, Gas is Gas. I just go to the no name brand places because its 20 cents cheaper and they pump it for you. (too cold to be out there doing it yourself)

·
Registered
728 Posts
I work at Costco so I can tell you that whatever we get (in the Bay Area at least) is surplus from a distributor called Tesoro. Sometimes it's the excess from the big guys like Mobil or Chevron, sometimes from smaller ones like Valero and Olympian.

^^You're right, gas is gas, in it's unmolested form. But when different companies get a hold of it, they put in additives like Techron or V-Power, making their brand of fuel more "special" from the rest.

In my old Camry, after filling up at a Costco station, I'd notice some engine knock when accelerating uphill. Didn't have that problem with Chevron regular. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

Hmmm I have to stop visiting certain places now. My boosted motor has a taste for higher grade gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts