8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Has anyone used Costco Auto Program to help them buy a new car? How much did it save you? Is it worth going through? Thanks for any feedback. I haven't heard much about Costco except from what I've gathered on their website (http://www.costcoauto.com).

·
Registered
956 Posts
not much above invoice if i recall...my dad and i tried to use it as a leverage for my SI.

But since SI's are a "specialty" car, other civics will probably be more flexible

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
My dad used it to get his G35. Basically they get a bunch of dealers to call you offering the car you want at a decent price. My dad got his G35, in some rare interior/exterior color combo, with the options he wanted for invoice price.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I asked Cotsco for the price, they have a deal with one or more dealers in the area (most brands), in my case only one dealer called me back offering me invoice price for a 07 EX Sedan $18000 + $600 delivery + the rest (taxes, registration, inspection, doc fee).
I told them I can get invoice price in other dealers as well without Cotsco and they said when you ready to buy come in and we show your offer to the internet sales manager; so I can probably get them to include the $600 delivery to the price, so $18000 delivery included will be nice.
I am waiting for the 2.9% interest to see if I qualify.
But it is great that they give you an invoice price right away.
The dealers give a little money to Cotsco as well after the sale; Cotsco emailed me asking if I bought the car a few days later.
I really hate talking in person to car salesman, they always give you bs and never want to give you a price, they only ask you a million questions but never ever tell you price.
I will try to buy it thru Cotsco if they give me better deal.

·
Registered
483 Posts
got my fa5 taffy white for 20620 + tax,license etc. Pretty quick with the costco program. If you don't like haggling, use it. In and out in a couple of hrs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
when I was shopping for my accord, carsdirect was cheaper. When I was shopping for my Si, going through my insurance was cheaper. Hasn't done all that much for me. But the main key is shop around. Get multiple quotes from all sorts of places and let them duke it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts