8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

More pics below.

I am getting a popping noise turning both left and right. I have searched (prolly not well enough) for how to adjust the Corsport V2 endlinks and Progress bar. Any ideas?

Installation was done with the rear wheels on ramps. (Loaded?) I installed the progress bar with lithium grease on the mating of the bar and bushing, but not the bushing and bracket. I did not grease the endlinks. (is this needed?) Also, note the placement of the washers on both the bar to endlink, as well as the endlink to support plate. Is this correct?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the new adjustable endlinks the same length as the OEM endlinks?
I sized them up next to the stock links and then checked the matching on the pair of Corsport endlinks together. I am going to try greasing the metal bracket and maybe just swap in the stock links if that doesnt work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I greased the center bushing on the top-side (where it meets the bracket) and re-adjusted the bar as follows.

With the Corsport endlinks secured as before and the car up on ramps again, I backed out the bolts threading into the center brackets, leaving only a few threads catching. I re-aligned the bar so as the bushings were even distance on either side from the stopper. (less than half a finger space) Then I allowed the bar to rest low on the mounting point as this was the least amount of tension on the bar. I torqued the bolts to "good and tight" and re-applied thread locker to each.

Also, seen in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th pic above, I tightened the gold colored nut on the Corsport endlink to keep it at that level.

No noise or popping since. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still no issues. I do get a little stiffer ride in the rear and I get a creak when I rollover uneven bumps with my rear tires, but all to be expected.

I actually tested out the bar on a few long sweeping off ramps and it allows for amazing control over stock. If anything, I felt the bar really points out the need for a SC or the like.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
i have the same set up and i get annoying ass popping noises as well i am gonna do some adjusting tomorrow and see if it helps me..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts