8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an issue with Corsport. On April 15th, 2010 I placed an order for the following parts for an 07 Si:

-SS clutch line
-P2R gaskets
-Megan O2 defouler

After I placed the order, I get an email stating the Megan O2 defouler is not in stock and is on back order. They stated the other parts are in stock and will ship today or tomorrow (4/15 or 4/16) and when the defouler becomes available, they will ship it then. I agreed. Well about 13 days after I place the order, I get the gaskets but no clutch line. I write them an email asking about the clutch line and they responded that I should see it in a day or so and if I dont, respond back next week and they will check on it. So the remaining week goes by and the next week... no part. So I follow up for them again asking for the status of the clutch line and they state to wait another week!! Thats when I draw the line. Why am I waiting for in stock parts? What they are doing is drop shipping parts from each manufacturer. I have no problems with this as long as I recieved my parts but I didnt and I got told to wait and wait and wait for in stock parts. After exchanging a few emails, I learned that there definition of in stock isnt the same as mine and everyone elses. When something is in stock, you can go grab it off the shelf and ship it. When something is not in stock, you have to order it. When something has to be made (as they claim techna-fit has to actually make the line, they arent pre-made until they pay) then that part certainly is not in stock. Well according to Corsport, they stock parts that arent even made yet. Dont ask me, ask them. Your probably trying to figure out how do they stock a part that isnt even made yet? Well I get a long story about how they didnt make the line yet for whatever reasons outside the my responsibility.

All I know is to NEVER order from corsport again as they will tell you the parts ins tock when in fact, it is not. Here it is May 6th 2010 and I only have some gaskets. Those are the facts of the transaction and if Corsport wants to deny any of this or argue this in any way shape or form, I will post the actual emails (including the confidential information you accidently sent me) and we can let the public view decide what is what.

Use caution when buying from Corsport.

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
^^ We tried our best to fix this, sorry we did not have that part for you, we did refund you right away when we found out we did not have that part available.

FYI we drop ship a ton of parts yes, Not new news. But who doesn't? Better then making you wait for the parts to come here.

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
I think you will find that most vendors do this with a vast majority of their parts.
Exactly.

The days of guys with 13000 sq. ft warehouses full of product is gone -- when the customers starting getting used to sub $500 shipped prices for a catback exhaust -- the days of sitting on stock disappeared. I can sit on stock and charge everyone more, or the item can be shipped once from manufacturer to customer.

Tai
Owner
CorSport

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
sometimes companies make mistakes, we owned up to it right away and tried to fix it the vest we could, nothing was going to fix this one.

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
^^ Again to clarify this for you and hope it helps you to calm down a little

We send our brake line and clutch line orders to a company that makes them for us. For the very first time they ran out of a part to make your line, we did not know this until today. We told you right away and tried to fix this.

Did you expect us to be in the back of the shop hand crafting lines for every order?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sometimes companies make mistakes, we owned up to it right away and tried to fix it the vest we could, nothing was going to fix this one.
Your mistake was lying and telling the customer to wait a week after he waited a week and then to wait another week.... for "in stock" parts.

Listen, I am not trying to turn this into a bashing session and I hate being "that guy" but there is a huge difference between in stock and drop shipped when part is available especially when you tell your customer parts are on the way. Buyer beware is all.

And I would like to add I tried to contact by phone 2 times before placing order on the internet but it seems they dont return phone calls either... they still havent returned my phone calls from almost 2 months ago about other parts. Ordering from corsport in the past was easy but now... its a pain.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^^ Again to clarify this for you and hope it helps you to calm down a little

We send our brake line and clutch line orders to a company that makes them for us. For the very first time they ran out of a part to make your line, we did not know this until today. We told you right away and tried to fix this.

Did you expect us to be in the back of the shop hand crafting lines for every order?
I understand the process but you do understand that information was available to you because I had enough of you guys telling me to wait and wait and wait and finally you guys contact them and get the story after I lost it on you? It took the customer a bunch of emails for you to look into the issue. What if I didnt dispute the 4th email and took your advice to wait another week. Would you of checked then? NOPE!

And let me know if you need lines made. I have them in stock right now... even though i have to go out and make them. **sarcasm**

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
CorsportUSA is awesome. no ifs ands or buts. ive ordered a couple things from them and everytime ive gotten them without a problem. sorry you had a problem.

+1 to CorsportUSA :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
its not a threat...
its been done...
Whats been done? You chargedback a refund? only furthering the wait time it will take them to give you the money back?

2975095145 21164
Refund
05-May-2010 15:21:22
A
USD (65.00)
05-May-2010 17:09:35
USD (65.00)

^^ Look at the date on the refund

I would not be so quick to issue chargebacks before learning how banks work in the future

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See what happens when you claim "in stock" when they arent? You get issues like this... 3 weeks customer still waiting on in stock parts. If your going to drop ship and claim in stock, you may want to confirm availibilty as your basing your "in stock" claim on assumptions

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.