8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, new here, but not new to Honda everything B- and K-. I'm an owner of an '08 FA5 Si sedan. I know there are a plethora of coolant topics which I already researched to find the car had a bad HG. I recently had my HG replaced due to a collision that happened a few years ago which resulted a significant overheat. Back story is too long for that, but HG repair was successful. Water pump was also recently replaced. However, after a few hundred miles of driving I noticed the vehicle was losing coolant again; not in the capacity that the blown HG/warped head was, though. I took it back to my buddy's shop who did the repair and noticed coolant dripping down front of the block down along the oil pan from what appears to be the water passage assembly that connects to the block which houses the AC compressor, water pump and alternator. Additionally, coolant appears to be mixing in with the oil again, and I know it isn't the HG this time. This is the only place where the coolant could be mixing with the oil I believe since there are water passages and oil passages where the assembly mounts to the block.

I found the below article which seems similar, but there is no definitive answer on the upcoming question (except for one of the pics where it looks like the hondabond is applied where the o-ring meets the block). I know my buddy ordered a new honda o-ring and hondabond from honda to seal this up where it meets the block, but I'm wondering if the hondabond needs to be applied where the o-ring sits (which may have been forgotten), or where it meets the block (I know it's needed around the main assembly to form a gasket). So, my question is, hondabond or no hondabond to further seal the o-ring? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dammit, it won't let me add the link since this is my first post. Just search "water pump passage leaking" on the 8thcivic.com domain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leaking again from the same place. Anyone have any input on this query? Im gonna call Honda dealer tomorrow for some hopeful insight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts