8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my 2006 civic dx-g for about 4 years also brought it to Honda because the oil changes there are about the same price as
as a garage and include wash and Vac, I realize after all this time they don’t ever recommend to me or tell me anything about the radiator fluid condition finally checked it myself and it’s brown, I’m going to pick up a tester tomorrow, my question is do I need a flush or just drain and fill, can’t seem to find an agreed on answer on google /:

·
Registered
325 Posts
What does the Maintenance Minder code on your Odometer read? That’s what the Dealership goes by. If they don’t see a code in the Maintence Minder that says time for cooler service, then they won’t do it.

If you declined it at the time of the scheduled maintenance, then the code won’t come up next time you’re there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my 2006 civic dx-g for about 4 years also brought it to Honda because the oil changes there are about the same price as
as a garage and include wash and Vac, I realize after all this time they don’t ever recommend to me or tell me anything about the radiator fluid condition finally checked it myself and it’s brown, I’m going to pick up a tester tomorrow, my question is do I need a flush or just drain and fill, can’t seem to find an agreed on answer on google /:
I would start with a basic drain & fill but if coolant color is truly brown. Oil may be mixing with coolant which could be quite serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts