8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a set of these on my 09 Si Coupe. Tire Rack delivers quick and accurately again.

The tires are impressive. No road noise and they stick like glue. Under $120 a tire...check them out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
120 a tire?! man.. my **** cost 200-210 but then again its 255/35/18!!!! good luck on getting them, hopefully they wont be backordered by then in the size you're looking for. great tire btw, have had it for about 1k.. will update after track day

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put these on my 06 SI on which I have 42000 miles. I have gone with the factory Michelin summer tires once before installing these. I have noticed greater grip but a slightly looser steering response. For the price I think it's a great tire but still wonder if I should have just once again paid extra for the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s that came factory as they were extremely responsive. I only have 100 miles on the Continental tire so far and I will keep you updated once I get some REAL miles on them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just put these on my 06 SI on which I have 42000 miles. I have gone with the factory Michelin summer tires once before installing these. I have noticed greater grip but a slightly looser steering response. For the price I think it's a great tire but still wonder if I should have just once again paid extra for the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s that came factory as they were extremely responsive. I only have 100 miles on the Continental tire so far and I will keep you updated once I get some REAL miles on them.
Add some more air, I have been reading on these tires and the majority are saying 35-38 lbs best for steering response. Tire rack rated these number one in the summer tire group. They are wicked light tires also at 20 lbs for a 225/45/17, thats 3-6 less then others. I was considering the hankook v12 evo but I am getting these come spring. Ton's of good reviews and I was shocked that a 340 treadwear rating on such a good summer tire, it's win all around I would say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up buying a set 3 months ago for my 16" EX wheels after being really impressed with my friends 08 accord that has them. I've noticed that they do like to follow grooves in the road but not more then most other tires in the catagory. I think that these are a killer deal as long as they last a while. So far I have about 4k miles on them and the tread looks great. I am running the fronts at 38 PSI and the rears at 34 and the steering response is as good as I would expect with 16" wheels and 50 series rubber.

And yes they are very quiet :clapping: to conti

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I was all-about getting these tires for my OEM FA5 wheels, however I bought OEM '08 TL wheels and wanted 235/40's. No DW's in that size(only 14 tires available in this size on TireRack).

I went w/ Goodyear Eagle Asymetric's instead. Very quiet too. Smooth. Great handling characteristics.

If I go w/ 225/45's in the future I may end up getting them.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Do you guys think that the DWS's are overkill for someone that lives in Florida?

The reason I like the DWS's is cause of their HIGH tread wear rating but it doesn't snow here and also tire rack actually ranks the DW's at a higher rating in more categories than the DWS's. The DW's seem really quiet, comfortable and have damn good tread wear ratings. Things that I'm looking for in a tire!

I'm leaning more towards the DW's rather than the DWS's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was debating between this tire and the Toyo Proxes 4 and chose the Toyo. I hope i made the right choice cause im hearing lots of great things about the Conti.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i was debating between this tire and the Toyo Proxes 4 and chose the Toyo. I hope i made the right choice cause im hearing lots of great things about the Conti.
yeah man. I don't think I want to try any other brand of tire other than Continental's for my next tire choice. With the exception of the Bridgestone Pole Positions. But I'm REALLY diggin the Continental tire brand cause there have been WAY TOO MANY good things said about their extreme contact tire line to pass it up. Besides, I hear they're quiet and long lasting and nobodys tire tread patter looks like theirs so it's no wonder they have rave reviews. Especially the DW's and DWS's.

The only semi gripe I hear or read about is that their sidewalls are soft when cornering hard but thats why they have some of the lightest weight tires on the market. People were complaining about the soft cornering but then the word got out that you actually have to fill the tire up quite a bit to get better steering response. People were inflating their conti's with 32 psi. Thats a NO NO with these tires! They have to be inflated with psi's no less than ATLEAST 35 psi, And up.

I'll probably put mine at 35 psi. Maybe no higher than 40 psi. I'm thinking that the reason why their tires ARE so quiet IS cause of their soft sidewalls. Their tires are soft but have great tread wear...thats bananas!!!:shocked:

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah man. I don't think I want to try any other brand of tire other than Continental's for my next tire choice. With the exception of the Bridgestone Pole Positions. But I'm REALLY diggin the Continental tire brand cause there have been WAY TOO MANY good things said about their extreme contact tire line to pass it up. Besides, I hear they're quiet and long lasting and nobodys tire tread patter looks like theirs so it's no wonder they have rave reviews. Especially the DW's and DWS's.

The only semi gripe I hear or read about is that their sidewalls are soft when cornering hard but thats why they have some of the lightest weight tires on the market. People were complaining about the soft cornering but then the word got out that you actually have to fill the tire up quite a bit to get better steering response. People were inflating their conti's with 32 psi. Thats a NO NO with these tires! They have to be inflated with psi's no less than ATLEAST 35 psi, And up.

I'll probably put mine at 35 psi. Maybe no higher than 40 psi. I'm thinking that the reason why their tires ARE so quiet IS cause of their soft sidewalls. Their tires are soft but have great tread wear...thats bananas!!!:shocked:
well i guess these will definitely be my next set of tires after i wear out the toyo's.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i just got these on my 08 Si. virtually no road noise. i havent pushed them so i cant comment on performance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the proxes 4 now and will be getting the continental's with my new rims this spring. The toyo's wear well and handle good. They also look great. From what tire rack says though the continental's are awesome and to the dude in florida get the dw's. The dws's are a all season tire, meaning they won't handle nearly as well. DW stands for dry/wet, it's a more summer performance tire.They also are only 20lbs for a 17 which is a good 2-4 less than any others. Run them at a tad higher psi is all.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I have the proxes 4 now and will be getting the continental's with my new rims this spring. The toyo's wear well and handle good. They also look great. From what tire rack says though the continental's are awesome and to the dude in florida get the dw's. The dws's are a all season tire, meaning they won't handle nearly as well. DW stands for dry/wet, it's a more summer performance tire.They also are only 20lbs for a 17 which is a good 2-4 less than any others. Run them at a tad higher psi is all.
Oh I know all about these tires man!:thumbsup: I've been reading and reading about them for months now. There are WAY more Pro's than Con's about these tires. I'm definitely getting them when my income tax moneys show up. I'll most likely just get the DW's instead of the DWS's since the DW's DO actually rank a tad bit higher in categories than the DWS's do. I'd STILL rock the DWS's though. Only for their high tread wear life but I think it would be silly to have snow tires in Florida. I'll try the DW's first and if they don't measure up for some reason, i'll then buy and try the DWS's. Can't go wrong with either tire. I want quiet, long tread life. My BFG Sports aren't quiet at all! and are wearing strangely cause of my rear negative camber. Thats why I wanted the DWS's cause of their high tread wear with negative rear camber.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am just saying that if you are in florida then the dw's the way to go. May as have great handling being as it's warm there. The 340 treadwear of the dw's was alot higher than I expected after reading the reviews. I was leaning toward hankook ventus v12 evo or dunlop star specs. The dw's seem really good, are a ton lighter, and have a way higher treadwear.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I am just saying that if you are in florida then the dw's the way to go. May as have great handling being as it's warm there. The 340 treadwear of the dw's was alot higher than I expected after reading the reviews. I was leaning toward hankook ventus v12 evo or dunlop star specs. The dw's seem really good, are a ton lighter, and have a way higher treadwear.
yeah the weight of the tires is also a VERY high pro for me to. 20 lbs tires coupled with 17.8 lbs Enkei wheels, holy god! :vtec:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts