8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I'm new to the nitrous scene, and I'm just kinda doing research to see if its something I want to do in the future.

My specs: 2008 civic si
Vibrant catback
DC race header
Injen Sri
Hondata reflash

I've been looking at the NX and zex kits. I'm not wanting to do more than a 75 shot. Probably more like 50 though. Outside of the kits, what would I need? From what I've read plugs are a must, but whichones are the best to use? And do I need to basically null the reflash purchase and go the flashpro route and tune it for that low of spray? Wet kit seems to be the safest from what I read, and that's what I'm wanting. This kit wouldn't be used much, and I want it to be safe on the stock motor. Any advice is welcomed. Like I said, this is all just an idea I'm toying with right now. Also, what kind of fuel should I use with a nitrous setup?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey man nitrous is something I really wanted to do to my civic. I ended up going the turbo route. But I looked into it and still would like to experiment with it maybe on another car though. If it's your daily driver I would start low. Maybe even lower than a 50 shot to get the feel for it. But yea a 50 shot is okay for a stock motor. But remember anytime you add a power adder to a car it's not meant for you always run the risk if engine damage. Even with saftey precautions. That being said I think you need to use 2 steps colder spark plugs. Don't use iridium style plugs. There is a rpm window switch and wot switch that you need. Also make sure you have a bottle heater and nitrous pressure gauge. It important that the nitrous pressure is where it's suppose to be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think flash pro is a huge help because it doesn't have a program for nitrous but I'm sure you could talk to somebody who knows about tuning and see if there's any thing they could do to help. I would run 93 octane if you can. And there is some nice saftey features out there like pressure shut off switches and things like that. But make sure your prepared to deal with damage before you run it. I would try to save some cash up and put it aside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey OP, check out my nitrous thread. I have a 50 shot on my car. It was tuned by steve at etunez before I added nitrous. Now I added the wet kit and didn't modify the map at all. It runs great on the all motor tune. The fogger nozzle will take care of the added fuel.

My AFR is at a solid 12.2 on bottle. at 13.0 on motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts