8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy new headlights, but I don't really understand what anything is...

What are projectors, shrouds? What's the difference between regular lights and bixenon lights? Also please include any other helpful information that would help me out.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
You're basically not going to be able to buy good projector headlights from anywhere. You will have to retrofit if you want true HID projectors with a proper cutoff. Customlightz is a sponsor here and they do a good job so give them a call.

If you want just an HID kit, which is your current bulb size, and is just PnP to your current housing, then that's the quick way to get HID's, but not as good quality. It's usually what people do for a little bit before they decide to save up for a retrofit, but some are also very happy with their results of the HID kit in their stock housings because it still gives off much more lumens than halogen bulbs could ever do, as long as you don't buy 8000k+ color temps for the bulbs.

If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer them if I know it.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
hey i have similar questions as the op. im interested in a pnp hid kit at the moment and im thinking of getting a 6500k kit. im just confused on what a good brand is and what to look for when comparing available kits.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
What to look for usually is where the kit is made, Germany, Korea, or Japan are the ones you usually want to get, but not everyone provides that type of information if you are trying to compare, especially the ones off of ebay.

This website's sponsor is HID XENON CONVERSION KIT 3000K 4300K 6000K 6500K 8000K so you should head over to them if you want an HID kit that's dependable, I've also heard KLight was also a good brand, it's up to you.

I bought from a company that wasn't well known, for $200, a little more expensive and so I thought the company was good, not like the $99 ones on ebay. Now that company is just gone and I got screwed, so now I'm currently doing a retrofit with Customlightz instead, I for one and sick of aftermarket lights and am going back to OEM.

You should have a very safe bet in xenondepot, as a lot of the 8thcivic members on here that have PnP HID kits probably bought from them.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I had a very good experience with XenonDepot for my Volvo, before they went to their slimmer ballasts they use now. A lot of people here get their PnP HIDs from Klight/Kassabian on eBay. Some people ran into trouble, but the guy seems pretty cool about replacing DOA product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.