8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys give me your opinion i am debating on which one to get i have done the research and still undecided. Let me know you all's experience with each

·
Registered
948 Posts
i was thinking of the comptechs as well. its just the hfps re sounding really nice with the warranty.my cars new o i dont want to blow myy warranty already

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im on the same boat bro.Im thinking about the HFP suspension, or Tein coilovers. I know the HFP suspension is not much of a drop, but I was also looking into Eibach springs which also have a 1" drop. If you get more info, please PM me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They will blow much sooner then they would have normally. But they will not blow the next day or anything. If you are going to do it, might as well do it right the first time.

·
Registered
948 Posts
i see what your saying. i could squeeze the spring/shock combo or at the same time get springs, fogs, hfp lip, and x intake.or just springs and shocks. thats my situation, how long do you think the stock struts would last?

·
Registered
107 Posts
no idea...way too many variables. Just not as long as they would have is all any one can say. Some say it halves the life of your strut. That would put it anywhere from 30k-50k

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Post jack
If you install the HFP suspension yourself, or have it installed by somewhere other than the dealer, would you still be covered under warranty if any suspension issues arise, not installation issues I mean, but any other problems that might arise from having a sport suspension.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Post jack
If you install the HFP suspension yourself, or have it installed by somewhere other than the dealer, would you still be covered under warranty if any suspension issues arise, not installation issues I mean, but any other problems that might arise from having a sport suspension.
If you do the install the parts are warrantied by Honda for 1yr/12k miles. Your warranty for your car is still 36k/3 years. They have to prove that the suspension was the issue to void your warranty work for that specific issue. I am willing to bet that even if you do the install they would be hard pressed to deny warranty work for other issues even if they do stem from the HFP suspension (unless of course the damage was done during install) as it is a Honda part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts