8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased one today at 12pm and was installed by 12:15pm. Great deal, great service and highly suggested to anybody who wants quality.

Review of product: Great product, easy to install and makes the entire gear box much more fun to shift through. two thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
cables and brushings

i was lookin to get a short shifter but whats the brushings and shifter cables that you buy separately ???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the shifter cable bushings mount to the actuall calbes that go to your trans. and the assembly bushings replace the stock rubber bushings under the shift assembly. All 3 are completely diff parts. You'll be fine doing one at a time.

That blue cap really was an ******* huh haha.

Just did a trans service (new fluid) used synthetic 5w30 and it feels amazing. I had a 3rd gear problem like many and it feels like it's gone away. Only time will tell, could only be a temp fix

·
Registered
35 Posts
maybe i should try that out.. my 3rd gears is a pain at times... thanks for the info... i just dont kno how to change the fluid

·
Registered
951 Posts
if u haven't replaced the tranny fluid from the time you bought ur car honda does have a new tranny fluid that is enhanced that somewhat helps and takes away the 3rd gear hard shift problem

·
Registered
92 Posts
if u haven't replaced the tranny fluid from the time you bought ur car honda does have a new tranny fluid that is enhanced that somewhat helps and takes away the 3rd gear hard shift problem
honda does have a new mtf that some ppl have said the 3rd gear problem went away. i personally had it put in and it came back after a month or so. i have had amsoil now for about 3 months and i havent had 1 problem with 3rd gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts