8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that own a comptech s/c, can you post up EVERYTHING that is included in the kit?.....I've been looking for this info, but could NOT find anything in detail.

Also, is the stage 2 kit available yet??.....

THANKS!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
tech1 said:
for those of you that own a comptech s/c, can you post up EVERYTHING that is included in the kit?.....I've been looking for this info, but could NOT find anything in detail.

Also, is the stage 2 kit available yet??.....

THANKS!!
See attached image ;)

And no, stage 2 is not yet available :(

Attachments

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
the only complaint i have about the comptech kit is the stickers. They arent weather proof. i put those 2 small comptec stickers on my rear window and it lasted about 2 weeks before the letters started flaking off. totally usesless info lol

Oh it also comes with a UPS shipping box for your ECU Hondata reflash. Not pictured above.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
hey Complex, what is that little white sticker between the two comptech stickers. My kit did not come with it.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
im looking into this kit as well and was just wondering how happy u guys were with it? and also, what exhausts u are running? b/c i know skunk 2 is one of the only exhausts ive seen people using that are going f/i but i want something not so loud and not so common

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sexy6Speed said:
im looking into this kit as well and was just wondering how happy u guys were with it? and also, what exhausts u are running? b/c i know skunk 2 is one of the only exhausts ive seen people using that are going f/i but i want something not so loud and not so common
I couldn't be happier. (well stage 2 will make me happier) but it's a great kit, and high quality.

I'm using the GReddy EVO2 because a) it was the only exhaust available when I bought the car b) It's quiet, mellow, and not loud or raspy like the Skunk2 (even though the S2 flows better)

I'm getting an SSR race header over the winter, and debating on going with the Skunk2 or J's Titanium exhaust. We will see...

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
COMplex said:
I couldn't be happier. (well stage 2 will make me happier) but it's a great kit, and high quality.

I'm using the GReddy EVO2 because a) it was the only exhaust available when I bought the car b) It's quiet, mellow, and not loud or raspy like the Skunk2 (even though the S2 flows better)

I'm getting an SSR race header over the winter, and debating on going with the Skunk2 or J's Titanium exhaust. We will see...
thanks for the info, cant wait to get mine. any one have experience with turbo mafia exhausts? i was looking into those and saw you can build your own so that may be a good alternative to the skunk as well....anyway....:vtec: !!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sexy6Speed said:
thanks for the info, cant wait to get mine. any one have experience with turbo mafia exhausts? i was looking into those and saw you can build your own so that may be a good alternative to the skunk as well....anyway....:vtec: !!!
Well... I like how turbo-mafia lets you 'build your own', but no matter what I do, 3" piping with an SSR race header, test-pipe, no resonator, and just about any muffler they offer is going to be loud.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
whats the link to SSR's site? I cant find them on google.:iorun:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Comtech!!

and by any chance how much tq/whp do u get off the stage 1, and also has anyone heard what stage 2 might produce. i might be getting the kit soon as well so this helps. and also guys sorry for asking, im a rookie when it comes to Turboing/SCharging cars, but if you get the comtech kit what are some other things that you will need to run it right, im assuming Intake maybe? Exhaust for sure, Hondata for sure, headers maybe? see i was planning to start of with the usual i/h/e/hondata but if i get comptech later on im wondering if i will still need all those things as well or if i should get the comptech kit first and get what i need before installing the Comptech SC so i dont waste money on what i might not use later. Thanks! oh and :vtec: lol "itsssss niceeeeee"

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
miamichico said:
and by any chance how much tq/whp do u get off the stage 1, and also has anyone heard what stage 2 might produce. i might be getting the kit soon as well so this helps. and also guys sorry for asking, im a rookie when it comes to Turboing/SCharging cars, but if you get the comtech kit what are some other things that you will need to run it right, im assuming Intake maybe? Exhaust for sure, Hondata for sure, headers maybe? see i was planning to start of with the usual i/h/e/hondata but if i get comptech later on im wondering if i will still need all those things as well or if i should get the comptech kit first and get what i need before installing the Comptech SC so i dont waste money on what i might not use later. Thanks! oh and :vtec: lol "itsssss niceeeeee"
look at this thread http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28408

He is running an intake, header, and exhaust and made 256 WHP and 171 tourqe with his stage 1. I would imagine with the stage 2 he would be pretty close 300 whp.

you can always run the comptech stage 1 with stock intake and exhaust but you prolly wont see nearly as much power. Also the hondata reflash is included with the S/C purchase.

Most that i have seen with the stage 1 kit on this site range from 228 hp to 256 hp. But what ever you do i can assure you that you will love it. I myself and plenty of other on here love our comptech S/C and have no complaints.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Comptech

Luquid!!!! Thanks chief for the feedback on my post, but real man, i've been looking at the AJP Kit, and was 100% that i was going to get that one but my little :lildevil: on my shoulder actually gave me a good advice this time around and told me not to and so i finally decided to go with comptech since it seems much more reliable at the end, but like i said before i just dont want to waste money i can use later. Thanks for all, take care yall. and again dont forget to :vtec: cuz its niceeeeeeee

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I REALLY want the Comptech kit.. However its too expensive..
If IT was $2K, i would probably buy it..

Now, what do you guys think:
1- Comptech S/C
2- DVD/NAV Double Din + Wheels ?? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Contech!!!

Also an ongoing story i have been writing :wavey: (soory i love to write specially when its about these cars) i noted on the my last post that in that link on the first page someone wrote that you can keep your warranty is this TRUE??????? cuz damn, im sold if this is true, well im sold either way but this would be a plus incase the parents ask why am i doing **** like this. :SHOCKED:

and does anyone have a direct link to comptech i forgot was it was. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Seemund said:
I REALLY want the Comptech kit.. However its too expensive..
If IT was $2K, i would probably buy it..

Now, what do you guys think:
1- Comptech S/C
2- DVD/NAV Double Din + Wheels ?? :)
option 2

The more you wait the more options that become available. Then supply and demand take over. Prices should drop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just got about 3 months ago my 07 honda SI and to be honest i love it.. i wanted to buy the Subaru STI but it cost too much for me and i decided to buy the SI....i've always been a big fan of honda...but now i kinda wanna take the SI a lilttle bit further and i'm looking into gettin a S/C from comptech but like every one says they wannt too much for it " $3999 plus shipping" i saw that a couple of guys are running it.. any problems? is it worth it? how long would it take to install and would it be better to take it to a shop? any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
liquidr1 said:
the only complaint i have about the comptech kit is the stickers. They arent weather proof. i put those 2 small comptec stickers on my rear window and it lasted about 2 weeks before the letters started flaking off. totally usesless info lol

Oh it also comes with a UPS shipping box for your ECU Hondata reflash. Not pictured above.
lol, :thumb:

1 - 20 of 354 Posts