8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
i know the R & D for the coupe is just finishing up, from what ive been told. but im not too sure. im in for answers as well.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
fyi..something I found out when I got my exhaust for my ep3...their piping is all magnaflow! hahahaha, they basically send their design to magnaflow to make their exhaust...crazy.

And yes, I did email comptech about it and they admitted to it...at least they designed it :eek:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
sorry man, I've owned both a magnaflow and comptech...maybe you heard a bad magnaflow setup...comptech admitted to using their products for their design.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I dont think they do, but you could always buy the coupe one and have a 2 inch extention welded in. It works for every other exhaust on the market.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
good idea, but that will ruin the exhaust tho, it won't look that nice anymore.
Its not like you can see it. You weld a 2 inch extention near where the catback connects to the cat. The only way anybody would see/know is if they decided to jack up your car, and slide unerneath to look at the exhaust. Even then, who cares lol

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Its not like you can see it. You weld a 2 inch extention near where the catback connects to the cat. The only way anybody would see/know is if they decided to jack up your car, and slide unerneath to look at the exhaust. Even then, who cares lol
i know, but just my personal opinion after i see how the weld is, if it still looks nice, i wouldn't mind, but if the weld looks ugly, i would be like "shoot" what have i done? once it's on the car it doesn't really matter anymore, can't see it. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i know, but just my personal opinion after i see how the weld is, if it still looks nice, i wouldn't mind, but if the weld looks ugly, i would be like "shoot" what have i done? once it's on the car it doesn't really matter anymore, can't see it. :thumb:
I kind of understand lol. I had my Vibrant welded. It does not look to pretty, but meh, its under the car. Now if it is visible:xyxnervou that would be a different story lol. But each to their own :wavey:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
fyi..something I found out when I got my exhaust for my ep3...their piping is all magnaflow! hahahaha, they basically send their design to magnaflow to make their exhaust...crazy.

And yes, I did email comptech about it and they admitted to it...at least they designed it :eek:
wow, i wonder if they make anythign themselves.
exhaust = magnaflow
springs = eibach
camber arms = SPC

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just wanted to get something for alittle more horsepower.......i like the sound for a stock car but it needs alittle more

1 - 17 of 17 Posts