8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Compressor Surge HELP! WITH PICTURE NOW

ok every here knows my horror story so i got the car runnin now tuned and everything runs good i was messin wit the BOV which i have a greddy type RS and its blowing off but im surging a bit..and im gonna mess wit it more but does anyone have this BOV also is anoyne eles surging just because im runnin 10 psi and most BOV wont open under 10 psi?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i don't have the greddy bov but i'm not even at 10 psi but it works everytime. bov should work if the vacuum is hooked up properly and the bov is in good working order

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
there was a thread on here not too long ago. dude redid his brake booster line and didn't have a check valve and that resulted in compressor surge. where is your vac line connected too.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my BOV is recirc'd and it runnin off the brake boost with a T fitted if im not mistaken..ill have to look at it later wit some sunlight.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok the BOV vac line is connect to a T fittin end that is jointed wit the manual boost controller which is running from the compressor housing? any idea i mean i was told by a couple shop that it is blowing off but still doesnt have a clean Blow off sound...greddy RS

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
ok the BOV vac line is connect to a T fittin end that is jointed wit the manual boost controller which is running from the compressor housing? any idea i mean i was told by a couple shop that it is blowing off but still doesnt have a clean Blow off sound...greddy RS
your going to need vac to operate the BOV so you just need to tee the brake booster line and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks! yea i took the BOV's vac hose off and no vac at all!! i will get on this asap how bad is compressor surge anyways? im thinkin bout running a vac block that will runn from the intake manifold.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
you can get a vac block or just tee it. compressor surge is bad news bears for the turbo but for a short while you should be ok. i would fix that tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quick question...after i fix the surge would this affect my tune? would i have to get retune just cuz it was surging and not blowing off while i was gettin tuned?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you! beside not blowing off and being dyno not blowing off everything eles is goo and runnin smooth... hopefully driving the past 2 days and not blowing off hope it didnt do any damage to the new rebuilt turbo last thing i need it for it to go bad again? do u think it would within 2 days of surging supa?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn..im goin to tee off the hose form the intake manifold now...do u know what size vacuum hose that is by any chance just incase i screw up?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you are the fxkin man!! i got everything needed but it started raining so ill do it as soon as it clears up...its ok to T off from the PCV line and run it straight to the BOV? cuz that is what im doing...hopefully this is stop my surge.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok just tap the hose and messed around wit the sprin rate and soft or tight or middle i still surge...at the softest settin i surge too so what can be wrong?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts