8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are the Koni yellows difficult to adjust and to make both right strut and left strut match in dampness? I'm planning to get them but don't really want to mess up the dampness between the two sides.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought the neuspeed 1.5 drop n koni strut/ shock for $500 n not disappointed nice drop n stiffness for daily. 2nd day on it with hasport rear mount

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased and had the HFP suspension installed 50,000 miles ago and it's definitely time to replace the shocks so I was wondering if Koni STR.T- Street (Orange) struts can be installed without any modification to the current setup?

on a side note i wish I never purchased the HFP suspension as it's too harsh for daily driving, I wish I can bring it back to stock but I believe it'll be much more costly..plus the car already has over 200,000 miles on it. ;(

Best,
Kman2005

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doesn't Koni offer lifetime warranty as well? I really appreciate you posting this I am with in days of deciding what to buy.:/
This is what I had in mind?
HFP-Killer Suspension Kit!!!! Koni STR.T "Orange" Shocks and Tein S.Tech Springs - Fully Assembled. (06-11 Civic)

are the Tein's not as stiff as the Swift? I think you talked me out of the coil over setup. I would never adjust them, I know I wouldn't. I live in Knoxville and the roads are awesome to drive on. I want that comfy medium. I just installed a BWR subframe brace, and Beaks bar, as well as the 22mm Progress RSB, and VooDoo rear camber arms. Just need the spring/ strut setup and I should be ready to hit the dragon. Any suggestions on the Megan Racing "H" bar?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I went with something similar last year, Koni orange in front and yellow in rear with H. Tech springs. The drop is similar to HFP, a little less than an inch, which was what I was looking for since I have full HFP lip and didn't want to deal with being too low. I've been VERY pleased with this setup. I feel like the ride quality as well as performance have both increased over stock. Usually it's a trade for one or the other, but this setup feels great to me in both regards.

If you haven't already, I'd also advise upgrading the rear sway bar. It really makes a world of difference in how the car rotates in corners. Stock the car has way too much push, and the upgraded RSB makes it much more neutral and much easier to rotate in the turns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GC rear collar don't fit at all unless you run crazy soft springs very low; don't waste any time or money on them, because most seller will just sell them to you without telling you that they absolutely do not fit at all even when you told them what were your exact needs and requirements. You can't trust people selling GC slip on for 8th gens, none of them.

Redshift rear sleeves are great and fit well, but ditch the self tappering bolt that is included and use a slightly larger one.

Some older koni insert setup (sold by Redshift back in time) won't fit with GC front collars. Again, don't trust no seller when they tell you that it will fit, because it won't. You'll loose time, money, and have to hear sellers cry about how it is not their fault. Some people really should not be in business without having basic customer-seller dynamic relationship knowledge.

Bottom line forget GC at all (they're great for 2000 and under chassis though), don't gamble on redshift because no one will acknowledge they fit before you spend all your change on them....go for something that works : Koni and coils, or full coilovovers such as KW/ST, Fortune 500 (haven't tried them yet, but will recommend everyone I know to try them without any risk of loosing money on a product that doesn't fit )

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
GC rear collar don't fit at all unless you run crazy soft springs very low; don't waste any time or money on them, because most seller will just sell them to you without telling you that they absolutely do not fit at all even when you told them what were your exact needs and requirements. You can't trust people selling GC slip on for 8th gens, none of them.

Redshift rear sleeves are great and fit well, but ditch the self tappering bolt that is included and use a slightly larger one.

Some older koni insert setup (sold by Redshift back in time) won't fit with GC front collars. Again, don't trust no seller when they tell you that it will fit, because it won't. You'll loose time, money, and have to hear sellers cry about how it is not their fault. Some people really should not be in business without having basic customer-seller dynamic relationship knowledge.

Bottom line forget GC at all (they're great for 2000 and under chassis though), don't gamble on redshift because no one will acknowledge they fit before you spend all your change on them....go for something that works : Koni and coils, or full coilovovers such as KW/ST, Fortune 500 (haven't tried them yet, but will recommend everyone I know to try them without any risk of loosing money on a product that doesn't fit )
I would have told you up front what worked and what didn't... you never asked me. And I went out of my way for you and even lost money trying to help. And I never complained. Yeah you lost money.. but that wasn't my fault at all. And now you are bashing?

It really pisses me off when I try to help (out of the goodness of my heart) and then somehow my good name gets bashed. I don't do things half-assed in the name of turning a dollar EVER, and this is exactly how you are characterizing me. Very unfair.

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up a 08 FA5 a few weeks ago. And it's in need of new shocks, one of the rears is leaking a bit. The car is has Eibach springs(red) on it. I believe they are the Eibach sportlines. Because all the pics I've seen online the Eibach pro kit springs are black and the Eibach sportlines are red.

Anyways back to shocks, I was thinking of going with Koni yellows front and rear. There shouldn't be any issue running Koni yellows with the Eiback sportlines , would there? I when looking up the Koni yellows I see the mostly come with or packaged with swift springs or neuspeed springs. So just wondering if i would be fine with my sportlines and just buying a set of Koni yellows.

You guys got any advice, or tips with Koni yellows ad Eiback sportlines?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I just ordered the swift spec r + koni oranges from Redshift Chris, I'm waiting on them if anyone wants to chime in I would appreciate it I'm anxious for them to arrive lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about to order mine here soon. Just can't decide if I want the oranges or spend a little more and get yellows.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

341 - 358 of 358 Posts