8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 340 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey guys I have been debating HFP for a while now but after a bunch of research I think I am going to get some koni str.t's and match them with a spring. Are the oranges comparable to the hfp suspension? and I like the drop of the hfp I would just like to know I am getting the full inch or maybe a little more like 1.2 not something major.what spring would give me the best for this maybe swift?. I am just hesitant because I havent seen anyone with these on a non si I am wondering if it will lower mine the same? any feedback would help thanks

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It will lower the car the same no matter which strut type you use. Which trim level car you have does change the height though... obviously. If it's an Si, the front will sit lower... if it's a Sedan, the rear is a touch heavier and the rear will sit a touch lower.

So, the STRT is a nicer feel than the HFP shocks. Really nice ride but also they control the car well. I would recommend the Tein S.Tech springs... they are 1.0" drop on your EX and about HFP spring rates... so you get a nice handling and riding car. Your EX will tend to run a touch higher in front than in back with the lighter engine.... you can get shims for the rear springs to get the car up in the air a bit better though.

You can go with something a little lower like Neuspeed Sports, but then you need to run Koni Sports in back; so the overall price increases about $150 because of that.

Hope that helps.
Chris

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks alott and yea I dont want to go too low because when i put my summer set up on (17x8 +35 with 215/45/17) i dont want to worry about having to use camber kits to stop rubbing. I am looking at the s. techs now they very well could be an option, the drop im looking for is just a tad under hfp so its noticeable. I will try to search and find pics or r18 coupes with s tech springs to see if i like the drop.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Thanks alott and yea I dont want to go too low because when i put my summer set up on (17x8 +35 with 215/45/17) i dont want to worry about having to use camber kits to stop rubbing. I am looking at the s. techs now they very well could be an option, the drop im looking for is just a tad under hfp so its noticeable. I will try to search and find pics or r18 coupes with s tech springs to see if i like the drop.
I've had 17x8+35's and 215/45's on my car with neuspeed race springs and tien s techs.. no rub either way, no camber adjustment..

+1 for s techs based on what you're after.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ok cool I have been looking at a ton of pics of your car too i think even when you had hfp too haha but alright thats good to know thought in case i decide on going for the neuspeeds and yellows in the back. Thanks alot guys

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Most people that get hfp end up going another route because they are unsatisfied with the drop, especially when coupled with the decrease in ride comfort.

The S Tech drop is nice, plus they have spring rates really close to stock. I bet those coupled with the oranges would be a very nice combo for look, performance, and comfort.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Most people that get hfp end up going another route because they are unsatisfied with the drop, especially when coupled with the decrease in ride comfort.

The S Tech drop is nice, plus they have spring rates really close to stock. I bet those coupled with the oranges would be a very nice combo for look, performance, and comfort.
I love my hfp, and the "drop" is not what this suspension is for

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I love my hfp, and the "drop" is not what this suspension is for

Good for you. If you track your car and want a performance upgrade from stock suspension then HFP is a great choice. Most people on here however modify their suspension for cosmetic purposes. HFP appeals to many because it's oem and a direct bolt on (no need for moving over tophats, dust boots, etc.), not to mention cheap, I paid less than $400 for mine brand new with all new hardware. Don't get me wrong, if you want a minimal drop and an increase in performance it's hard to beat HFP, but let's be honest, most just want to eliminate some wheel gap and ride around comfy, and unfortunately don't realize that suspension modification involves trade-offs.

All I'm saying is, given my experience with both, I vote aftermarket springs paired with Koni's. :dancingcoolsmiley:

But to each his own!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks to the OP for the excellent write up. I have a 07 civic si gg all stock, thinking of getting a hfp front lip kit. What do you guys recommend for a daily driving setup? It looks clean with just the front lip kit and a yellow koni shocks and neuspeed race springs on the rear. Then I'll eventually be getting some MB battles later on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Comparison: Stock Suspension vs. HFP Suspension vs. KONI/ Swift Springs Suspe...

Just ordered the swift springs, paired with my existing koni shocks. Should make for a smoother ride then my current NS Race springs. Can't wait!

·
Registered
32 Posts
HFP all the way! By the way, does anyone know if there are really differences between the HFP for EX Civics and the HFP for SI (coupe and sedan)? A friend of mine bought the HFP SVA, which is the one of the EX and I have the SVB version. We can't see or feel the differences.

Does anyone know if there are real differences?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Probably in the front springs due the the slight increase in weight. Si springs in the ex makes the nose a little higher (not a big drop on the front but the same in the rear). I could be wrong tho!

·
Registered
‘09 Si sedan
188 Posts
I have a question. . . I just picked up an HFP suspension for my FA5. I have Pro-Kit springs in the car right now, and am wondering about putting the HFP struts into the mix. Based on another thread, the HFP front strut overall length is shorter - so if I put a lowering spring in there, it should reflect as lower than my stock Si strut with the Pro-Kit spring, right?

Next question - how would I match the rear? The car already sits nose down a bit, and if I put the HFP/Pro-Kit strut up front, is there a way lower the rear of the car to make it level?

Not sure if this makes sense - but, I'm guessing the OP decided to use the stock strut assy with the Swift springs because the rear would be significantly higher if he used the HFP strut. I'm trying to decide what to do. . . I have the Pro-Kit on stock struts now, just got the HFP, and I have a BC N+ sitting in the garage as well - but I'd like to try some auto-x, so performance is the goal here. . .

Any help is appreciated!

321 - 340 of 358 Posts