8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awesome write up. At first I was going to go with the HFP, but after doing some research and reading...it seems like Koni/Neuspeed Sport is the way to go. Redshift makes it easy! If you're confused about what to order, look at the example purchases on his site, it helped me figure it out. Hope I can get this setup ordered soon...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, I'm an 8thcivic nub, so I apologize for the lack of independent research prior to asking this question.. I was wondering if it is a good idea to just install springs on stock shocks.. I have an fg2 with 63k on the meter. Thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the HFP suspension, but found it a little too stiff than the stock. Should have listen to the post. :(
Right now I'm thinking about KW V3. Heard it's more comfortable than the stock Si suspension while handles better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just installed my hfp suspension today. I had read a lot of posts about how rough the hfp would be compared to stock... And it was completely misleading imo. It was barely any rougher (and I haven't even had time to break it in yet). Plus, much less body roll now :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Awesome write up and coming from a similar setup in my old Subie, I knew this is what I wanted and just confirmed it. Time to save for them!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Now that Koni makes Orange shock for the 8th gen... HFP is essentially a waste IMO... unless you but they used... I have owned HFP susp., HFP shocks with springs, and Koni Yellows with springs...

IMO, just buy the Koni oranges and get springs... way better value/quality/performance for the the money.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
So the orange ones are between the yellows and the HFP?
yes... contact this place to discuss what you want.
06-11 Civic Suspension

tremendous guy (chris). very helpful and will get you exactly what you need and want. won't stop till you're happy

also, look at the bottom of the page, he has skunk2 shocks and options to pair with various springs... those are a deal too... ask him about those

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
Now that Koni makes Orange shock for the 8th gen... HFP is essentially a waste IMO... unless you but they used... I have owned HFP susp., HFP shocks with springs, and Koni Yellows with springs...

IMO, just buy the Koni oranges and get springs... way better value/quality/performance for the the money.
I agree, now that the oranges are out (though the two are pretty comparable). Before, HFPs were a good cheap alternative for someone not wanting to go all out with yellows.

Only problem now is, the oranges have been back ordered for quite a while (at least the fronts). Not sure when places are gonna have them back in stock.

I think Redshift said September.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Waiting on orange fronts myself =/

I had HFP and thought the decrease in ride comfort wasn't worth the minimal drop. Put S Techs on the HFP shocks/struts and thought the springs were making noise (ended up being from having tophats oriented incorrectly) so I sold them. Bought Yellows for rear and Neuspeed Race springs and after a well researched and correct install I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great post! i am looking more into the HFP because this will be my daily and i dont wanna be too low or have a super stiff suspension. Also what do you guys think about the XXRs 225(or 215)/45/17"? I have a white 2009 civic coupe

301 - 320 of 358 Posts