8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I hope I'm allowed to post this here but I have some questions about install and what I need. I've installed door speakers and subs in all my previous vehicles so I'm comfortable with that but I've never put in an external amp for the speakers with a stock receiver.
I have a 2008 Honda Civic sedan with Navi and I just installed infinity kappa 62ix they're 75 watt RMS at 2.5ohm (sorry can't post links yet) but obviously the stock receiver can't power them properly but I'd like to keep it since it has the Navi. I found the Clarion XC1410 which will do 75 watt RMS at 2ohms 4 channels is this a good fit for the speakers? And then I can't find a good answer on whether the Navi system has line outputs or speaker outputs so I don't know if I need a line output converter.
I also have a Rockville RWS12CA its a 400 RMS sub/amp enclosure which I plan on installing does anyone know if the 08 Navi unit has rca outputs for a sub?
I've never installed a sub with the stock receiver or a separate amp for the speakers but I have a good understanding how to do it I just don't want to rip apart my dash and find out the head unit doesn't have line outputs or RCA outputs and have to put it all back together and wait for more parts to come.

I was suggested a AudioControl LC6i 6 channel LOC but I'd rather not pay $150 something I may not need.

Tldr; does the stock Navi unit in 2008 Honda Civic sedan have line outputs for an amp and RCA outputs for a sub amp combo? If not what would I need to get around that. And how do I find out if I have the "Premium sound system"

Side question the new infinity 62ix start getting distorted and clipping at medium/high volumes could this be due to stock headunit being underpowered and would an external amp solve this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
PAC SNI35 is a LOC
Also someone on eBay is selling a plug and play amp bypass for the subwoofer
Anything audioconrtol is worth the price

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
(((BOOM)))
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing