8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Car and Driver, VW will bring the R-Series to the United States, possibly to be named R20, featuring the powerplant from the Audi S3. Expect around 270 horsepower from a high-pressure 2.0L turbo engine - a 70-horsepower improvement over the standard GTI. That power will be funneled through either a standard 6-speed stick or dual clutch DSG transmission to the front wheels. Like some other high-power front-wheel drive cars, an electronic differential will try and cope with the inevitable torque steer.
STORY HERE

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ LOL beaver tail. I agree I like the Look of the upcoming GTI's. The current ones are to round.

MSRP probably around 35k.. my guess.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Nice once again,

HONDA = FAIL.

I really hope honda has something up there sleeves for the Si since we now no longer have the S2000.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Choosing to discontinue or cancel plans and productions for unprofitable cars during a recession doesn't sound like FAIL to me.
Look what it did to Toyota,they got rid of the supra,mr2,celica. Now their lineup is just a bunch of boring no soul economy cars. I really Hope Honda does not follow this path,they already canceled the NSX,no new prelude and the s2k is gone. WTF. Not everyone wants to have an economy car,i want a performance car and so do alot of people.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Look what it did to Toyota,they got rid of the supra,mr2,celica. Now their lineup is just a bunch of boring no soul economy cars. I really Hope Honda does not follow this path,they already canceled the NSX,no new prelude and the s2k is gone. WTF. Not everyone wants to have an economy car,i want a performance car and so do alot of people.
its not what you want. I want a lambo, but I cant afford one. Its what you can afford. I think HONDA has made very important moves that are vital to sustaining the company through this economy. Sports cars are a luxury few can afford in these times.

Sports cars dont pay the bills to keep people like me around or the lights on. Basic cars do.

On another note I love this car. Its soooooo much better than the current model which is still a very very good car.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
You want a performance car so you bought an SI?... And yea totally, discontinuing the non profitable cars was pretty dumb. I mean, what a failure it is for Toyomoco to renovate the worlds manufacturing industry by implementing lean production, kaizen, andon lights, and JIT to become the worlds largest automaker. Such a failure. Since, such a move has nothing to do with Honda just trying to make ends meet during this earthbound recession.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
lol @ ignorance

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Looks pretty nice and it will finally have some performance. Good for them but I say car companies go awd after 250 HP unless its rwd as fwd sucks with this much power

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
I really hope honda has something up there sleeves for the Si since we now no longer have the S2000.
They should give it the K23 turbo, but I doubt they actually will. Look at the 09 TSX, it lost power over the 08 model.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
They should give it the K23 turbo, but I doubt they actually will. Look at the 09 TSX, it lost power over the 08 model.
God wouldnt it be nice to see a K23 turbo Si with SHAWD with 300+ hp and still keep the relativly small Civic size.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
God wouldnt it be nice to see a K23 turbo Si with SHAWD with 300+ hp and still keep the relativly small Civic size.
Everyone loves to say, give it a K23! give it SHAWD! But no one mentions that this hypothetical car will never be weigh anywhere near 2900lbs or cost $20,000.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts