8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'd just like to get some feedback from ya...

I know it's early and everything but since I wont be driving my Si in the winter I have some plans come spring for it. First I'm going to change my oil to synthetic oil and change my MTF to Amsoil. I'm also going to be changing to a K&N drop-in filter (don't feel like spending $200+ on an intake that only changes sound, and I don't really want to change too much engine wise), and I will also be adding a cat-back system... most likely the Apexi N1 or the Vibrant. I figure this is a decent little change.

Now what kind of synthetic oil should I start running? I don't want to get an oil that will make me go broke when it comes time for an oil change but I also want something that performs very well. Also which exhaust would you prefer? I'm leaning towards the N1 b/c I love the looks and sound but I'm just worried about it being too loud.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
mobil 1 FTW!!!

thats all i use. but i would allso recomend a mobil 1 oil filter or somthing thats a littel better than avrage if you want to wait a long time to change your oil.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mobil 1 is good stuff. ny laws are tough, so be careful with the exhaust choice.
Yeah I know, that's a major reason why I'm worried about the N1. Noise level. It sucks too b/c if I'm going to spend that kind of money on something, I'm going to get something that I want! But in this kind of case it's a little hard b/c you'll end up paying the price.

Mobil 1 huh? I'll have to look up more info. on this.

Anyone have any other thoughts?!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah, I use it too...usually get to 5K before the oil indicator gets to 20% too.

Edit: Mobil 1 that is! :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts