8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Color changing paint technology. Never settle with one color again!

3K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  Skylinegtr06 
#1 ·
Someone has had to have seen this before, if so delete this thread please. I searched and nothing came up.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071107...-that-changes-colour-at-the-touch-of-a-button

:dancing: Personally i think it is a cool idea. It doesn't sound like "science fiction" at all to me:

"The technology works by running a current through a special polymer applied to the vehicle before painting. This polymer contains particles of 'paramagnetic' iron oxide. With the application of an electric current, the spacing of the oxide's crystals is adjusted, affecting their level of light reflection and thus our color perception."

That is easily done already in chem labs. In fact i just did that in a lab last semester. But anyway, this would definitely take the stress out of picking a color!

See less See more
#6 ·
How cool would that be to be able to change color with the flip of a switch. As others have said, the same idea could be applied to wheels as well. It would certainly be fun to change colors on a whim.

#10 ·
I'd be more afraid to lose my car...
"I swear, I parked my black car right there....*beep* that can't be it..it's red..."
Haha, i can see that happening.

how does that work
"The technology works by running a current through a special polymer applied to the vehicle before painting. This polymer contains particles of 'paramagnetic' iron oxide. With the application of an electric current, the spacing of the oxide's crystals is adjusted, affecting their level of light reflection and thus our color perception."

#13 ·
This is terrible for cops.
They hear on the radio that a Black Civic Si robbed a bank, and that same car whizzes by, but in White.
ftl

#30 ·
i dont remember the name of the company but they already have this type of thing on their show vehicles. they also have heat sensitive paint aswell as UV. one day your ride could be yellow the next black. its frickin sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.