8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has had to have seen this before, if so delete this thread please. I searched and nothing came up.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071107...-that-changes-colour-at-the-touch-of-a-button

:dancing: Personally i think it is a cool idea. It doesn't sound like "science fiction" at all to me:

"The technology works by running a current through a special polymer applied to the vehicle before painting. This polymer contains particles of 'paramagnetic' iron oxide. With the application of an electric current, the spacing of the oxide's crystals is adjusted, affecting their level of light reflection and thus our color perception."

That is easily done already in chem labs. In fact i just did that in a lab last semester. But anyway, this would definitely take the stress out of picking a color!

·
Registered
182 Posts
that would be awesome even for wheels, have bronze or black or whatever.

this reminds me of the glass technology that goes opaque on a hit of a switch

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
How cool would that be to be able to change color with the flip of a switch. As others have said, the same idea could be applied to wheels as well. It would certainly be fun to change colors on a whim.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'd be more afraid to lose my car...

"I swear, I parked my black car right there....*beep* that can't be it..it's red..."

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
TOMMIELOEKO said:
wowser!

i need some self-healing paint on my chicks car!
mbenz has been using nano particle paint for years now. supposedly it is not as prone to scratches, swirls, and rock chips.

its also prolly why mbenzes weigh so much:giggle:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be more afraid to lose my car...
"I swear, I parked my black car right there....*beep* that can't be it..it's red..."
Haha, i can see that happening.

how does that work
"The technology works by running a current through a special polymer applied to the vehicle before painting. This polymer contains particles of 'paramagnetic' iron oxide. With the application of an electric current, the spacing of the oxide's crystals is adjusted, affecting their level of light reflection and thus our color perception."

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
i saw this concept idea on discovery channel, i think it was Future Cars. It will happen

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Its not gonna happen if Cops get their way. See a Black Si running a light, turn the corner and switch to white just as you see another white Si.....

I dont think so.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
This is terrible for cops.
They hear on the radio that a Black Civic Si robbed a bank, and that same car whizzes by, but in White.
ftl

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
what about that movie that the guy sprays it a differant color with a power washer.. i think the movies called The Jackal w/ bruce willis

1 - 20 of 38 Posts