8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm coming to this forum to hopefully get some insight on issues with my car. I drive a 2006 civic ex with an auto transmission it has about 222 thousand Kilometers or 137 thousand miles. This morning it was about -20 degrees Celsius outside, or -4 Fahrenheit. The car started without hesitation and i let it idle for about 2 minutes before driving. I got maybe a block away from my home and the check engine light started flashing, the car would then not accelerate when hitting the gas. I pulled over, and it sounded like one of the cylinders wasn't firing, i shut off the car and let it sit for a minute, started it back up again and it ran perfectly fine all the way to work. I checked my oil and it seems fine. My guess is i had a cylinder misfire which put the car into a limp mode of sorts. My question is why would the misfire not come back after a 2nd start up? Could the cold have caused something to freeze up? I believe the spark plugs are the originals that came with the car, so i may change those. Anyways any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading my post!

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Definitely change the plugs, no doubt. Coils could be suspect too, but I doubt that. Anyway, plugs are only good for 100K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts