8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when i started my car my cold air made a weird scratching screeching sound and it didnt sound good. It was about 10 degrees celcius outside.

During our winters here in Quebec we get to like minus 30 degrees celcius. Will my car be able to start no problem or should i do something before i get this problem??

·
Registered
837 Posts
lets see in degrees fahrenheit that would be like 45 to 50 degrees. your car should run fine in that kind of weather. but once you get below 20 degrees celcius make sure you give your car at least 10 minutes to warm up thouroughly. and if you can get a thinner synthetic oil like royal purple, something that has a low freezing temp.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always start my car and let it run a good 10 minutes before using it and i dont drive it hard during the winter but im just worried that my cold air will break or crack cuz of the freeeeeeezing weather minus 30 degrees celcius

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blak06si said:
I always start my car and let it run a good 10 minutes before using it and i dont drive it hard during the winter but im just worried that my cold air will break or crack cuz of the freeeeeeezing weather minus 30 degrees celcius

help ????

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
which cold air do u have? Its constantly 2C when i leave for work. I warm up my car for 1 minute and drive off. no issue.
Your intake will not break or crack. I've seen a couple of locals driving their car thru the winter season with -20 to -30C temps and no issues.
I don't see you having issues related to the intake. Check the other parts. belts maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts