8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if a repost, but my searches seem to suck here....

anyway, noted third gear issues aside, does anyone notice trouble getting into 3rd gear on a cold motor/tranny?

I mean normally, 3rd wont allow a "lazy"shift and Ive gotten used to that, but this morning, (which was cold, i.e. 40F, not freezing by any stretch) she was giving me trouble going into 3rd.... like it didnt want to go, had to be more forceful.

Granted, I didnt let it warm up at idle at all, started,,,, 30 secs, got moving.

Making me think I need to go get that remote start installed......

·
Registered
292 Posts
hehe, I haven't been around in a lil bit but the 3rd gear threads are still here I see. Actually here in Cleveland the temp dipped to the upper 30's last night when I got out of work and I did notice the 3rd gear issues last winter, but since I switched to Amsoil this past summer, last night it shifted smooth as my baby's butt. It works!

We shall see the real test in a few weeks/months when the temps gets into the 20's and teens,,ahhh yes how I hate winter. I don't know whats worse, cold temps or trying to drive the Si in a foot n a half of snow. Thats a site to see lemme tell you lol! :box:

·
Registered
381 Posts
When you start your car and it is cold and you are waiting for it to warm up, hold down the clutch and shift from 1st through 6th gear about 5 times and i have found it shifts very smoothly 8/10 times.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kplax35 said:
When you start your car and it is cold and you are waiting for it to warm up, hold down the clutch and shift from 1st through 6th gear about 5 times and i have found it shifts very smoothly 8/10 times.

thx. ill try that

·
Registered
850 Posts
kplax35 said:
Really???? good find! observation! I wonder If one was to slightly overfill the gearbox if it would help also based on your findings.:vtec:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts