8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good alignment specs for spirited canyon driving i usually drive on the streets but i want to be ready for some canyons as well anything helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately I have stock suspension and my alignment specs are basically stock(0 front toe, rear camber unchanged) apart from the front camber which is -1 degree now (from stock which is 0). This makes the front more planted to the ground and makes the car want to oversteer more when braking or when liftin-off throttle mid-corner suddenly. I think with a lowered car and coilovers you need less camber (more close to 0) because the wheel travels less so you need less negative camber to compensate.
One piece of advice I got was to only change one setting at one, either toe or camber, front or rear, that way you can feel how it affects the driving. I do the alignment myself so this doesn't take money but it does take time, but till now I only changed the camber but I'm satisfied with my specs till now, since is a daily driver after all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I have stock suspension and my alignment specs are basically stock(0 front toe, rear camber unchanged) apart from the front camber which is -1 degree now (from stock which is 0). This makes the front more planted to the ground and makes the car want to oversteer more when braking or when liftin-off throttle mid-corner suddenly. I think with a lowered car and coilovers you need less camber (more close to 0) because the wheel travels less so you need less negative camber to compensate.
One piece of advice I got was to only change one setting at one, either toe or camber, front or rear, that way you can feel how it affects the driving. I do the alignment myself so this doesn't take money but it does take time, but till now I only changed the camber but I'm satisfied with my specs till now, since is a daily driver after all!
Thanks brother this helps alot 🙏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts