8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looking for coil overs that gives a smooth ride for my fg2. I'm currently on nuspeed drops with stock shocks (crazy bouncy ride) and maybe i can upgrade to coil overs thats not $1k+. Around 600-800? (shipping here will end up 200+).

·
Registered
7 Posts
D2_

I like both the Skunk2 Pro-S II and the D2 coilovers. I had both I recently took out the skunk2's and I am parting it out if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I've not heard of a single person who liked skunk2. You are the first. And D2 is generic. Why not run Koni shocks on the Neuspeed springs??? At least run them on the back where they really need them.

Chris

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Do any of these coilover kits ride in the OEM height? I like OEM height but would like the shocks to be a lil more firm.
If you're going after Coils why in the name of everything holy would you want to stay at stock ride height? Just curious...............

·
Registered
6 Posts
are godspeed coilovers good?
There's a 50/50 chance with Godspeed products. Since we're on a fwd forum i'd say use at your own risk, other wise they're not meant for cars that want to go sideways. My friend, Who owns a shop, absolutely hates Godspeed. Why? Because Every time he sells a Godspeed product, the customer comes back within a month and is pissed that their product broke. It's rare for me to find people that are satisfied with Godspeed products. Plus, why waste big money on something that has a really big chance breaking on you while driving or sometimes even revving. Like i said, use at your own risk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i need a smooth ride for my 08 si but dont know what coilovers will do that for me with the price range of 800-1500

was looking towards the buddy club N+ but dont know anything about them

·
Registered
23 Posts
i need a smooth ride for my 08 si but dont know what coilovers will do that for me with the price range of 800-1500

was looking towards the buddy club N+ but dont know anything about them
I'm not being biased or anything but I just ordered a set of BC Racing coils and they should be coming in a week or so. I have a couple buddies with different cars from Lexus IS to a Toyota Matrix. They all say the same thing about BC Racing coils...they're great. A buddy of mine even went through 3 sets before settling on BC's and he loves the crap out of them. If you look at the BC site, the BR type scores an 8 out of 10 in performance, ride quality, and adjustability. That alone speaks for itself as well as all my friends with BC coils. But regardless, I don't think you'll get a perfectly smooth ride with coils IMO, unless you spend $$$. As for the Buddy Clubs, not too sure about them, but just thought I'd throw out the BC suggestion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not being biased or anything but I just ordered a set of BC Racing coils and they should be coming in a week or so. I have a couple buddies with different cars from Lexus IS to a Toyota Matrix. They all say the same thing about BC Racing coils...they're great. A buddy of mine even went through 3 sets before settling on BC's and he loves the crap out of them. If you look at the BC site, the BR type scores an 8 out of 10 in performance, ride quality, and adjustability. That alone speaks for itself as well as all my friends with BC coils. But regardless, I don't think you'll get a perfectly smooth ride with coils IMO, unless you spend $$$. As for the Buddy Clubs, not too sure about them, but just thought I'd throw out the BC suggestion.
thanks man alot of people have told me about the bc racing coils and herd alot of good and bad stuff about them just gonna go from the gut feeling thanks again

141 - 160 of 195 Posts