8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
After searching around I found that people had problems syncing the ap to the computer like I did. The first thing to do is install the accessport updater and update. During the update it'll ask you to install the accessport manager and the newer accessport manager should come with the newer drivers as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine stopped communicating like it should last week...had it for 2 mo. It will take about 2-5 min to connect to the ecu and most of the time I can't change between functions...I get the C on the screen and it wigglin around a bit. Talking to tech support now. Still very pleased with it, and I am sure COBB won't do me wrong. Great unit tho.

·
Registered
320 Posts
New Problem with Accessport

Well I unmarried my accessport to my car a few weeks ago before selling it. Guy got it and the accessport said it was still married. He sent it back, and now the display is barely visible. Very dim. It is plugged in, so I have no idea why this is doing this. Any ideas? Calling Cobb tommorow

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The only problem i had was the accessport just stopped working. So i gave Cobb a call and they replaced it for me. Woot for customer service.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just got my AP back. Sent it to cobb to get the display fixed. It's fixed, but i'm trying to uninstall it from my car. A guy bought it from me over a month ago and i've been trying to fix all the problems with this unit. I go to uninstall, and says 'communicating with vehicle'. Everytime. Any ideas? I doubt this guy wants to wait even longer because i can't uninstall the unit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is an odd one. Try updating the firmware and then try connecting to your car again. If that does not work, give our customer service line a call at 801-713-0035. We will get this figured out.

Travis
COBB Tuning

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Summary: rev hang fix introduced in v1.04 basemap causes wildly fluctuating AFR while cruising (bouncing rapidly between ~10.0:1 and ~29.0:1,) producing mild bucking/sputtering while cruising. This only occurs using a "rev hang fixed" map. Reverting to any map prior to v1.04 remedies the problem.

Modifications:
Cobb AccessPort using basemap, AND MAF calibrated v1.04 for Stage 2 AEM2CAI (flow straighteners)
AEM cold air intake w/ flow straighteners
Strup ceramic-coated race header
A'pexi Worldsport II full exhaust

Below is a snapshot of a datalog that exhibits this problem, and also a full datalog attached for viewing in Excel or AccessTuner Race. Fuel trims read high since this is a snapshot from an uncalibrated MAF v1.04 (basemap.) The problem still occurs with a properly-calibrated MAF with long term fuel trim values below 1%.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
enojy,

Post the log up of your calibrated maf for review...
I don't believe I have a log of this behavior while utilizing a calibrated MAF sensor. I first noticed this behavior with a calibrated MAF, and immediately drove home in order to flash to an unedited v1.04, thinking my MAF calibration was to blame. It was after I flashed with v1.04 that I started datalogging.

Or! If you were talking about just an ordinary datalog with calibrated MAF, here is one. I made five revisions to my MAF table, and settled with this. This is part light load (cruising,) part heavy load (not wide open throttle but a fair amount.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My AP just stopped working as well - it was working fine on a drive out to a store, unplugged it when i got out of the car. Hopped back in after five minutes of being in the store, plugged it back in and turned on the car and nothing. Brought it home, hoping/thinking maybe the cable just died. But the computer recognizes and it connects to the AP manager, but for whatever reason, the display won't work when connected to the OBD port or computer. Sucks, but up to this point i've been pretty happy with the Acessport.

On a side note, it also recognizes my car as sedan when it's a coupe. Small grievance but just wondering if other people had the same issues.

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeah my AP has the same problem. i called cobb yesterday and they gave me a ticket # so i could send it back to them. i went to usps to ship it out today....

theres alot of posts about that but it doesnt seem to be a problem. it recognized mine as a sedan also. i read a post somewhere saying that it does that because most of the cars with part of the vin # are sedans. but on the good note it doesnt affect nothing at all so its all good man

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't had a chance to call Cobb about it yet with work, but tomorrow i should find time. Hopefully it doesn't take long. Keep us posted on your outcome. Goodluck.

Both the coupes and sedans are essentially the same car - so i knew it wouldn't be a problem. I suppose i'm just a bit of a perfectionist and was slightly dissapointed to see it arise. Small bone to pick - but obviously the screen not working is a much larger and pressing problem.

·
Registered
763 Posts
UPDATE
-monday: called cobb and they told me to ship it in
-tuesday: shipped my AP to cobb
-thursday: called cobb to see if they received it; they said they replaced the screen and were currently investigating it more
-friday: got an email saying they shipped it back to me via ups & included a tracking #
scheduled delivery: wednesday!

great customer service cobb!

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Ok well the problem that I am having is that my car is bogging every time I shift anywhere from 5k to 6k rpm. I have my vtec set at 4300 rpm. It is a custom tune that I had got from cobb tuning plano. I had gotten two tunes done one before cam phasing was available and one after. It seems that the bogging got a lot worse after the cam phasing tune. Has cobb figured this problem out yet?

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
Hello Bkurts, you will have to explain the issue that you are having, I'm not aware of any cam phasing issues/updates etc. The latest update was the rev-hang remove update, we've had cam phasing since ATR was released...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts