8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I believe it's the AP dyno, which uses a built in accelerometer + vehicle data to calculate.
You are correct, just a simple excel graph.

Since you guys gave me flak for dynoing in 4th (where I was getting 220s/175) I tried this last one in 3rd, but I'm pretty sure it's way off.

·
Registered
799 Posts
2006 Civic Si
Stock except for Custom Sheet Metal cold-air box and a Greddy SP Cat-Back

V1.04 ST-1 Base maps used to remove the hang + hybrid (CTR) throttle tables were used to fix the soft throttle responce

Dyno is on a Dynapack Dyno, with all pulls done the same day (within 5 hours) - temperature was within 5 degree's on all pulls.
Fourth Gear pulls - corrected to 1:1 in the plots

Big gains under the curve, stupid OE VTEC Surge removed, and with very decent peak gains considering I am using OE cams and header.

Tuning was Done by Sasha At SG Motorsports in Toronto

Tuner Notes:

Stock – I want to note that the ramp up at the end (+8k) is based solely on the Dyno and isn’t the power the engine actually made. The real peak power is where the Yellow cursor is (180whp or so) – Air fuel ratio was 0.80 lambda

SG Rev007 – With less knock sensitivity in the VTEC area and with some cam phasing trimming, no more ignition timing than the COBB map because the ECU was already pulling timing and I was hesitant to make the knock sensitivity much less. Ignition timing was 31-32 degrees throughout most of the high RPM area which is pretty bang on.

So in conclusion we found power from cam timing, meat under the curve from VTEC engagement, and a slightly leaner fuel mixture. Final fuel mixture was 0.88 lambda

OE (dotted) VS Final (7th Revision) Tune (solid)

Moose

·
Registered
153 Posts
how do results vary on a mustang dyno?

The only reason i am considering cobb tuning over flashpro is because i am near the location in plano.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
If that is the only reason you should reconsider.

They stopped supporting the Honda Civic unit years ago. Meaning that if there is a bug or something isn't working right you will likely have to live with it without a chance of getting the issue solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts