8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cobb Tuning’s ongoing development of the AccessPORT for the Civic Si continues to deliver features sought after by Honda enthusiasts free of charge. The stock speed limiter that prevents speeds in excess of 135mph has now been increased to 300mph. In the event that 300mph is still too restrictive, AccessTUNER Race will allow users to set the speed limiter at whatever value they deem necessary.

To implement this new feature, follow these steps:
  • Direct your browser to the COBB AccessPORT Map Database for the Honda Civic Si
  • Download the new V1.01 maps that include the Speed Limiter update
  • Plug the AccessPORT into the computer
  • Double-click on one of the new V1.01 maps to launch AccessPORT Manager
  • Drag and drop the new V1.01 maps onto the AccessPORT
  • Use the AccessPORT to flash the new V1.01 map onto your vehicle
  • Enjoy higher top speeds at your local race track!
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements in the near future...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I can just see it now, bouncing off the top of 6th at like 165 MPH, screaming COME ON!! COME ON!! 166!!! 166... 300!!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've heard the speedometer won't read past 188mph. Supposedly AJP went on some sort of quest to get a speeding ticket and found that out.

I can just see it now, bouncing off the top of 6th at like 165 MPH, screaming COME ON!! COME ON!! 166!!! 166... 300!!!!
I'm pretty sure the Si tranny at redline in 6th is right around 180ish depending on tire size etc

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yea 300 is a bit slow for me, ima need a bit more along with a 300 mile long mountain to get the car up that high...nice job though boys, I get the idea and thats awesome...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I'm pretty sure these cars would fall apart at 300 mph...

"oh **** what was that sound!?"

Doesn't the Bugatti Veyron only get to like 243 mph or something like that?

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
greatwork, cobb stepped in and made it happen in a matter of months. truly remarkable

next step, cobb exhaust for the si as the subaru lineup sounds awesome

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I've heard the speedometer won't read past 188mph. Supposedly AJP went on some sort of quest to get a speeding ticket and found that out.

I'm pretty sure the Si tranny at redline in 6th is right around 180ish depending on tire size etc
180 in a civic . . . i want to be that guy!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts