8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make a upgrade cmc and slave I put a stage 2 clutch in and it's to much for the stock cmc and slave I've so far replaced it 3 times do to it blowing seals out of the stock ones

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah... same brother. gotta love that squeal from blown slaves. Hybrid Racing Clutch Release System Upgrade (K-Swap EG/DC/EK, 02-06 RSX, 02-15 Civic, 04-08 TSX) (hybrid-racing.com) I'm going to try this next. However, I have gotten more life from my syncros and master/slaves by being a bit more gentle with my shifter. It's actually faster to shift smoothly, although some times you do have to rip it. For clarity, I keep blowing my slave, but I've had an EM1 Master for a while, love the feel, no problems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another option if you're interested. This is what I installed
If you install an EM1 CMC, and leave the fg slave, you will eventually blow the delay valves in the slave. You need to get a slave without the delay valves to match. In my case, the bleed valve fitting on the EM1 slave needed to be modified from a 90 to a straight fitting to not get in the way of the hard line coming from the CMC. Rest was bolt on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts