8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to this forum, but not to the honda world. Anyhow, I know with the B series, when you got to adding more power, you had to change the clutch out also. I've noticed and am seeing alot of you with the Comptech SC, GReddy turbos, AJP, and soon to be Redshift FI kits, but I haven't heard any kind of talk about upgrading the clutch? Is this because you're not in need of the upgrade and the stock clutch can handle it? If so, what's everyone finding the limit of the torque these stock clutches can handle before major slipping occurs? If not, what is the preferred clutch around this forum?

-Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that...I know what I'm looking for in clutches (thanks for the link though, very informative), I've been involved with several B series engine builds, all naturally aspirated. My question was just relating to not hearing anybody talking about upgrading their clutch when doing these FI setups. I didn't know if our stock clutch was that good or if people were just running the stock clutch til it wore out then replacing it. I know these cars are fairly new and the amount of people that are pushing higher hp/tq numbers are not that many...yet. I was basically just wondering what these guys going FI were using and why.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
It depends on the power you are registering to the wheels and how you drive. I have the Greddy kit and had no issues with a DD on the stock clutch. But when I hit the track I really pound on my clutch to obtain good time so after several months of heading to the track I need a new clutch. Each car and driver is different but plan an upgrade in your immediate future if you plan to boost or N/A mod your ride.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
what kind of places are ppl taking their cars to get the clutches swapped? I've got a stage 2 clutch and flywheel, but I'm afriad to take it to just "Anyone". Dealer maybe?

Sorry, OP, Don't mean to thread jack...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Power I'm not sure of yet, depends on if I build for N/A or FI. Neither one yet, I'm being patient on the tuning solution. I've always been a N/A guy though. I'm just wondering what clutches everybody's choosing and why? I know I loved my Exedy I had in my old car, because it had a great pedal feel, grabbed hard and didn't slip after mulitiple runs on slicks, but didn't feel like it was ready to pop the dash off in your lap when you shifted hard.

Also, off topic (thread-jacking my own)...but can we pull our motors out the from top of the engine bay or do they have to be dropped, or has anybody done this yet???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.